Predict the B1G final standings - simulator

wayyyyy too early for this, but since I am going the the B1G tournament this year, I am going to really be watching this about 2 weeks out to get a read on when Iowa will be playing. Enjoy

http://bball.notnothing.net/big10.php?sport=mbb

I was messing around with this guy earlier today. It really makes it seem like Iowa is destined for the 5 or 6 seed unless Wisconsin starts to stumble. If they do and Iowa keeps playing well, the matchup at the Kohl Center could decide who gets the 4. Beating Maryland at home would be crucial as well for the potential tiebreaker.

I was messing around with this guy earlier today. It really makes it seem like Iowa is destined for the 5 or 6 seed unless Wisconsin starts to stumble. If they do and Iowa keeps playing well, the matchup at the Kohl Center could decide who gets the 4. Beating Maryland at home would be crucial as well for the potential tiebreaker.

My first go round with this - I had Iowa at 10-10 - the 7 seed playing IL on Thursday.

My first go round with this - I had Iowa at 10-10 - the 7 seed playing IL on Thursday.

I'm expecting 11-9 (I had them 10-10 before beating Michigan) and a 5/6 seed, Maryland getting the other spot so head to head deciding it. Just curious, what are the 5 remaining losses you had?

I'm expecting 11-9 (I had them 10-10 before beating Michigan) and a 5/6 seed, Maryland getting the other spot so head to head deciding it. Just curious, what are the 5 remaining losses you had?

@indiania
@rutgers
@tosu
@wi
@nu

In my defense, i was trying to be really pessimistic about it because I want worse case scenario to try and decide when we need to leave for Chicago. I think we'll sneak out at least 1 of @in @rut or @nu

This simulator is always kinda fun to play with. I'd be pretty happy if Iowa landed the 5 or 6 seed.

@indiania
@rutgers
@tosu
@wi
@nu

In my defense, i was trying to be really pessimistic about it because I want worse case scenario to try and decide when we need to leave for Chicago. I think we'll sneak out at least 1 of @in @rut or @nu

Fair enough and I agree, I'm thinking win the rest at home and take one more on the road. Anything better than that would be awesome. On the other side of it, anything worse than 11-9 would be a some level of a disappointment.

I could see us losing every road game and the Maryland game. I think that's worse case.
yup - and it could very well happen. I had us at 10-10 after we won 5 straight, and after we lost 2 straight. The win over Michigan isn't gonna cloud my thoughts... one way or another, I think that's the worse we'll end up - anything above that is great IMO. Win Thursday and I might be able to start thinking about better.

yup - and it could very well happen. I had us at 10-10 after we won 5 straight, and after we lost 2 straight. The win over Michigan isn't gonna cloud my thoughts... one way or another, I think that's the worse we'll end up - anything above that is great IMO. Win Thursday and I might be able to start thinking about better.

I almost feel like Thursday is worth 2 wins if we win. If we lose, we will finish 10-10. If we win, it will spark a run and give the team confidence on the road. Good enough for 12-8.

We would have all locked this in at the beginning of the season. Now I wanna play this out with the hopes Iowa could do better.

Iowa can beat anybody when they play like they did against Michigan.

Capture.PNG

We would have all locked this in at the beginning of the season. Now I wanna play this out with the hopes Iowa could do better.

Iowa can beat anybody when they play like they did against Michigan.

View attachment 4971

I'm w/ ya! Lest we forget, Mich was a NCAA #1 seed prediction b4 we crushed their souls!

PUR
MSU
MI
WI
IA
MD
MN

OSU
IL
IN
NW
RUT
NE
PSU

The top 7 make the NCAA.
Look at how you just split the conference.

Out of our remaining nine games, only two are against the top half of your split.

Seven are against the bottom half!

We won't win all seven of them but goddamn, it's right there for us.

Got to be the easiest finish, on paper, of any team in the conference.

Of course Illinois on paper had no chance against Michigan State, to name one example. We still have to be ready to battle every time out with the same passion and intensity we showed against Michigan.

If we finish 10-10 theres a good chance we will drop a couple spots in the conference, down to about eighth. Who, of the team's below us right now, end up passing us?

If we finish 10-10 theres a good chance we will drop a couple spots in the conference, down to about eighth. Who, of the team's below us right now, end up passing us?

I would think 10-10 would end up a tie for 7th. I doubt the 7th place team gets to 11-9.

Look at how you just split the conference.

Out of our remaining nine games, only two are against the top half of your split.

Seven are against the bottom half!

We won't win all seven of them but goddamn, it's right there for us.

Got to be the easiest finish, on paper, of any team in the conference.

Of course Illinois on paper had no chance against Michigan State, to name one example. We still have to be ready to battle every time out with the same passion and intensity we showed against Michigan.
I want nothing to do with Illinois. They are getting better and are very athletic. No one in the conference should look at a BTT game in Chicago against Illinois as a favorable draw IMO.

when I played it out - I went kind of chalk (didn't have MSU losing last night tho) and 10-10 put us at a 7 seed.

Latest posts