Predict Iowa's tournament seed

Will seed will Iowa draw?

• Total voters
10 seed. As others have said if we play mid season form a good chance at a win. If we play late season form...yikes.

Yet the teams playing in those play-in games in 2010 were also in the tournament. They just changed the terminology. The teams still have to win a game to make it into the round where the other teams already are. That's a play-in game or like wrestling, pig tail match.

Semantics. They are not play in games. They are first round games. Basically 64 teams have "byes". By your logic, Iowa's game vs Northwestern was a play in game in the Big 10 Tournament. Think about it!

Semantics. They are not play in games. They are first round games. Basically 64 teams have "byes". By your logic, Iowa's game vs Northwestern was a play in game in the Big 10 Tournament. Think about it!

It's a little different when 8 out of 12 teams play in the first round, as opposed to 8 out of 68. Literally nothing has changed from when they were officially called play-in games except that there are 3 more of them.

I see first round games, Einstein.

A play in game implies teams must win that game to get into the tournament, which is how it USED to be when the tourney field was 64 teams. Since the field expanded to 68, those games are no longer play in games, since all 68 are " in". What used to be play in games are now first round games..

This is 2014....not 2010.

If you have to write in a team to fill out your bracket it is still a play in game.

I know it's been a long hard winter back in Iowa but I think some of those living in the homeland are suffering from some serious vitamin D deficiency. Please please gets some sun today.

Iowa is in the Dance with a 10 seed but i actually would prefer the 11 . If you think there are 40-44 better teams in college basketball than Iowa (totality of the season) then there are no other answers then for you to go outside soak up some rays, take a deep breath and smile.

While filling out your bracket, the Iowa team will be on a line.

The first 4 games are officially the first round in the field of 68. Those of you that keep calling them playin are just knocking it. If the first four games were playin then the tournament would be called a field of 64 with 4 playin games.

It's like some of you refuse to recognize the tournament has expanded! I suppose there is probably some old man out there that is still calling the 2nd games "play in" since he liked the tournament at 32 teams.

The first 4 games are officially the first round in the field of 68. Those of you that keep calling them playin are just knocking it. If the first four games were playin then the tournament would be called a field of 64 with 4 playin games.

It's like some of you refuse to recognize the tournament has expanded! I suppose there is probably some old man out there that is still calling the 2nd games "play in" since he liked the tournament at 32 teams.

I still call them play-in games for 2 reasons:
1) Both teams in that game get the same seed and are playing in for the right to that seed (1-16).
2) You don't need to pick the first 4 games to win Warren Buffet's billion dollar perfect bracket. :)

That said, if Iowa gets one of the 1st 4 games, they made the tourney!

Latest posts