Predict Iowa's tournament seed

Will seed will Iowa draw?

• Total voters
For the record I'm going with a 10. Should give Iowa (on paper at least) a reasonable shot to win.

i thought 12-16 pretty much goes to the automatic qualifiers? Iowa could get one of those play in games for an 11 seed. wouldn't surprise me.

I don't think they will make it.
Losers of 6-7, and to the worst team in the conference in last time out...

I will say play-in game 11 or 12. A good draw would be a straight up 10 or 11 seed. That would be best case they could hope for.

I don't think they will make it.
Losers of 6-7, and to the worst team in the conference in last time out...
Have you compared Iowa to the rest of the barely in and bubble teams? They are a lock, quit denying it. They played poorly as of late but did enough throughout the whole season to get in.

Look at the bracket format and tell me what you see genius

I see first round games, Einstein.

A play in game implies teams must win that game to get into the tournament, which is how it USED to be when the tourney field was 64 teams. Since the field expanded to 68, those games are no longer play in games, since all 68 are " in". What used to be play in games are now first round games..

This is 2014....not 2010.

I see first round games, Einstein.

A play in game implies teams must win that game to get into the tournament, which is how it USED to be when the tourney field was 64 teams. Since the field expanded to 68, those games are no longer play in games, since all 68 are " in". What used to be play in games are now first round games..

This is 2014....not 2010.
Yet the teams playing in those play-in games in 2010 were also in the tournament. They just changed the terminology. The teams still have to win a game to make it into the round where the other teams already are. That's a play-in game or like wrestling, pig tail match.