Pre-Spring Look Ahead to 2010

i am going on record and sayin that iowa goes 12-0, and 8-0. there is no reason not to expect that Iowa can't do that. Time to raise our expectations as fans.

i am going on record and sayin that iowa goes 12-0, and 8-0. there is no reason not to expect that Iowa can't do that. Time to raise our expectations as fans.

There are plenty of reason not to expect Iowa can't do that. It is not realistic. It is nearly impossible for a Big 10 team to go undefeated, which is why it is done very infrequently.

You can raise your expectations, but don't make unrealistic expectations (that is a nice way of saying stupid expectations). When you make unrealistic expectations, you are bound to get disapointed. Then you wind up being a miserable jackhole like most OSU fans.

Did you factor in losing 4 starting OL this year?

Our undefeated opportunity was this year, but Greene left and Stanzi got hurt.

Did you factor in losing 4 starting OL this year?

Our undefeated opportunity was this year, but Greene left and Stanzi got hurt.

Nobody in their right mind predicted an undefeated season in 2009 with that road schedule. That would have been unrealistic to predict such a thing.

And we have 2 returning starters on the O-line next year. Reiff and Vandervelde. Technically we had 6 starters last year in Reiff, Vandervelde, Eubanks, Calloway, Bulaga and Richardson.

I believe Eubanks and Richardson are replaceable. If we can replace Bruggeman, then I know that Koeppel and Ferentz can replace Eubanks.

Calloway and Bulaga are big losses. Everybody else on the line is replaceable.

Richardson missed several games last year due to injury.

Thu, Sep 02 Northern Illinois Ames, Iowa TBA WIN
Sat, Sep 11 Iowa at Iowa City, Iowa TBA LOSS
Sat, Sep 18 Utah Ames, Iowa TBA LOSS
Sat, Sep 25 Northern Iowa Ames, Iowa TBA WIN
Sat, Oct 02 Texas Tech (Family Weekend) * Ames, Iowa TBA LOSS
Sat, Oct 09 Kansas State * at Kansas City, Mo. TBA WIN
Sat, Oct 16 Oklahoma * at Norman, Okla. TBA LOSS
Sat, Oct 23 Texas * at Austin, Texas TBA LOSS
Sat, Oct 30 Kansas (Homecoming) * Ames, Iowa TBA WIN
Sat, Nov 06 Nebraska * Ames, Iowa TBA LOSS
Sat, Nov 13 Colorado * at Boulder, Colo. TBA WIN
Sat, Nov 20 Missouri * Ames, Iowa TBA LOSS

I'm interested how he thinks ISU gets to 7 wins with this schedule.

5-7 season. 6-6 if they get some breaks.

If Boise wins out in the regular season next year, which would include wins over Virginia Tech and Oregon State, two Top 20 teams for next year, they will play for the title. And Steve's predictions are based on what he thinks things will look like at the end of the year

If Boise wins out in the regular season next year, which would include wins over Virginia Tech and Oregon State, two Top 20 teams for next year, they will play for the title. And Steve's predictions are based on what he thinks things will look like at the end of the year

Jon, I caught the tail end of your show today on the way to class; is it Michigan and Arizona that Steve has Iowa losing to, or AZ and OSU?

If it isn't OSU, who did he have OSU's conference loss coming against?