PRE-SEASON BRACKETOLOGY

These are always fun to look at ... but come on - Creighton is just as big of a bubble team as Iowa. They lost on of the best PG's & C's in the country.

It will make it all that much sweeter when we make the dance :)

But honestly this is where most publications have us. Someone is right, either the Hawkeye fans or the pundits.

I think us as fans may have the hype train rolling a little bit from last year with the late season wins at Maryland and at Wisconsin, but people probably don’t recall that both those teams were really struggling at that time. We then got thumped pretty good by Indiana in the BTT.

All of this is to say maybe we aren’t the juggernaut we think we are. I like how are team looks on paper this year but we still need to prove it on the court.

These are always fun to look at ... but come on - Creighton is just as big of a bubble team as Iowa. They lost on of the best PG's & C's in the country.

Creighton lost two good players but still return their best player and have a really really good recruiting class coming in. I think they will make the Tournament this year.

It will make it all that much sweeter when we make the dance :)

But honestly this is where most publications have us. Someone is right, either the Hawkeye fans or the pundits.

I think us as fans may have the hype train rolling a little bit from last year with the late season wins at Maryland and at Wisconsin, but people probably don’t recall that both those teams were really struggling at that time. We then got thumped pretty good by Indiana in the BTT.

All of this is to say maybe we aren’t the juggernaut we think we are. I like how are team looks on paper this year but we still need to prove it on the court.

I've thought about that too. But then I realized that teams that win on the road against Wisconsin and Maryland aren't bubble teams. They are in by a mile. All we have to do is not suck bad the first 8 games, not get screwed bad out of a win by the refs, and play like we did the last 22 games and we should be in.

Creighton lost two good players but still return their best player and have a really really good recruiting class coming in. I think they will make the Tournament this year.

Their best player is a senior wing who scores and he's surrounded by a bunch of other ?'s and young players. Who does that sound like? I'm not saying they will or wont...but to have them IN and Iowa out is basically looking at last year and saying "yeah, sure, Creighton" .... fact is, they lost a lottery pick at C and the best PG in the Big East that basically made that team what they were last season. They are starting over.

Their best player is a senior wing who scores and he's surrounded by a bunch of other ?'s and young players. Who does that sound like? I'm not saying they will or wont...but to have them IN and Iowa out is basically looking at last year and saying "yeah, sure, Creighton" .... fact is, they lost a lottery pick at C and the best PG in the Big East that basically made that team what they were last season. They are starting over.

I think we make the Tournament and I think Creighton does too. It's not us fighting them for the last spot, I think both them and us get a 7-10 seed.

I think we make the Tournament and I think Creighton does too. It's not us fighting them for the last spot, I think both them and us get a 7-10 seed.

I get what you are saying and I know they aren't fighting over the last spot or anything. Nor am I fighting with your line of thinking because Foster is good and they have a nice freshman class. I just think CU has a lot more to prove to me, personally, before I say "shoe in". They went like 6-9 down the stretch last season after they lost Maurice Watson Jr. and that was WITH the lottery pick at C and Foster. Not to mention - their OOC schedule is brutal. I think they might lose to Yale tomorrow.

I get what you are saying and I know they aren't fighting over the last spot or anything. Nor am I fighting with your line of thinking because Foster is good and they have a nice freshman class. I just think CU has a lot more to prove to me, personally, before I say "shoe in". They went like 6-9 down the stretch last season after they lost Maurice Watson Jr. and that was WITH the lottery pick at C and Foster. Not to mention - their OOC schedule is brutal. I think they might lose to Yale tomorrow.

Creighton has looked like an NCAA Tournament team so far.

Creighton has looked like an NCAA Tournament team so far.

absolutely... already beat Yale and last nights win was pretty damn good. I wanted to see it first, they had a lot question marks. They looked pretty good last night. I can admit that I was wrong. I thought losing Watson and Patton would be a bigger deal. They get UCLA and potentially Baylor or WISCI early next week.

Creighton looked good. I like their chances better than ours, at this stage.
100%... they already have two top 150 wins with one of them being over a ranked opponent on the road. Bully for them. I live 2 minutes from their barn, my opinion is skewed because i hate them

:)

Look at 2-loss Indiana's schedule around the Iowa game:

Duke
at Michigan
Iowa
at Louisville
Notre Dame

All in a row. Ouch. Not to mention they open up the main B1G slate at Wisconsin and at Minnesota.

100%... they already have two top 150 wins with one of them being over a ranked opponent on the road. Bully for them. I live 2 minutes from their barn, my opinion is skewed because i hate them

:)
well, Greg McDermott.....so, they're easy to hate.