Prater

superfan12

Where the heck has he been all year? He has been mediocre at best this year. Got beat late, and had a complete mindlapse leaving a WR wide open! He needs to play much better.

been saying it all year. he also avoids all contact. even the announcer last game mentioned he looks scared when a RB is coming his way.

Prater is not helping his pro football prospects with the way he played tonight and this season. Hyde did not have a particularly good game tonite either.

It's hard to look good when u only rush 4 on a regular basis and u usually don't get much pressure. Just my opinion

There was a thread earlier this week where some guy was asking if Prater was a 1st rounder hahaha. He was beat in just about every way possible tonight. Hyde looked alittle bit better tonight then him but that wasn't saying much. But that said with the undermanned D that they had out there tonight against that NW O I'm tickled pink with out that game went. Take away Vandenbergs pick and the O played pretty darn well.

I just got infuriated when he knew there was a WR to his side, but went to the line of scrimmage by the DE. Tanner Miller was like "wtf dude?!" but where is Prater's head?

Hyde is usually known to be a very solid tackler, which I thought he did fairly well tonight. He's also solid in coverage (much more at CB than FS), and considerably more consistent than Prater, which is a bit mind boggling. Also, not noticing CB's isn't a bad thing - generally you only notice them if they get a pick, make a big hit, or get burnt. Not getting noticed as a DB isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I have been saying this for most of the season, especially when someone mentioned him going pro. There is NO WAY he is ready for the next year yet. Good grief, he's getting burned in Big Ten play.

I hope he can figure it out and be another good corner for us before the year is out.

Ummmm, did we lose? What game are you folks watching? Yes, he did get beat once. But you really don't see him a lot because teams don't throw at him a lot. That's because they know how good he is. If you don't think he will be playing on Sundays, you're an idiot.

Prater has been awful this year, and he gets picked on a hell of lot more consistently than Hyde. Hyde is a tremendous cover corner, possibly the best of the KF era. Yes, better than Spievey, Fletcher, and Godfrey. He is that freaking good. His pass break-up on the deep ball last night was outstanding, and he has a nose for the ball that Iowa hasn't seen at the corner spot since Jovon Johnson.

He is usually a very sure tackler in run support, but clearly had an off night in that area last night.

Hyde is a poor tackler. I'm thrilled the hawks won, but Hyde was not great tonight in my view.

Good Lord.'

Micah Hyde was all over the field, leading Iowa in tackles and had one really great long pass break-up.

Shaun Prater got his a** handed to him by NW receivers and by IOWA coaches. Both Phil Parker and Kirk Ferentz LIT up Prater for his poor pass coverage.

Ummmm, did we lose? What game are you folks watching? Yes, he did get beat once. But you really don't see him a lot because teams don't throw at him a lot. That's because they know how good he is. If you don't think he will be playing on Sundays, you're an idiot.

I personally didnt say anything about his prospects as a NFL CB but where has he been this year? It's like he is just going through the motions. He has not been very good at all this year. IMO

Latest posts