Prater, whatever you do...

CGHawk

...don't put your hand up to your ear.

I did a quick search and didn't see anything on this, but sorry if this was posted already.

Good lord. What was the deal with the announcer going nuts about prater in the 3rd quarter?

I really can't figure out what was his problem was? I didn't even see Prater cheering or anything... and even if he was... why is that a big deal? Players cheer all the time? That announcer sounded like he disliked Iowa on multiple occasions, that was just sort of... ridiculous.

Prater was doing it all game and he looked like an idiot. Play the game well and the fans will cheer.

You are right. Probably shouldn't cheer if you are a player for Iowa. I mean... we always complain about how they don't play with emotion, but then when they do... it isn't ok?

You see more ridiculous cheering than that(someone putting their hand to their ear) on almost every play.

He was calling for the crowd to give the D props, for the effort they were putting out. I saw a couple D players, who were trying to get the crowd fired up. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. I know it looked more like a look at me move, but I dont think thats what he meant by it.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. You can't please all the people all of the time. Some people are only happy when they are complaining about something.

Carry on.

Prater may be having an off year according to most but he brings some passion and attitude to the game. I like it.

He plays in KINNICK Stadium. Play hard and be humble. Prater decided to get beat like a government mule and gesture all game.

Chris Speilman appropriately called Prater out as a punk. I am not qualified to offer a legitimate opinion of his play as a corner but as a human being, I think, he is a complete ***. He walks around like he is the baddest dude on the field and his antics yesterday were a joke.

Speilman was correct in calling him out he acts like a complete fool.

Spielman hardly went nuts. He said don't do that. If they want to cheer you, they'll cheer you. Just play the game.

And of course, he's exactly right.

Spielman hardly went nuts. He said don't do that. If they want to cheer you, they'll cheer you. Just play the game.

And of course, he's exactly right.

He also called Mavin out saying he takes plays off. What he failed to note however, was Marvin was gassed 2-3 plays earlier and wanted a breather. Instead they called his number to pick up the first down.

"Act like you've been there before"

That goes for the defense too.

Watching Nebby was an example. After Ben Cotton scored (it was later reversed) he looked like a complete IDIOT high stepping around the endzone
like a fool.

Was it Prater who got knocked on his arse, coming off a jam? Come on. play a good game and dont get knocked around. I like the attitude but have the balls to back it up.

I think he does this everyday, not just on the field at the stadium. Standing in line at a sandwich place, in a lecture hall for Sociology class, walking around campus in Iowa City. Its just his style. Appreciate it.

Podolak was very very harsh on Prater...said something like he doesn't know what he's supposed to be doing a lot of the time....whoa

I hate self promoting " look at me" antics in sports. I have been criticle if Iowa players in the past first that type if behavior. With that said, someone explain the difference between holding your hand to your ear and holding your arms out waving your hands upward. Don't both mean the exact same thing?

I like Speilman a lot an announcer but found those comments silly.6

I think he does this everyday, not just on the field at the stadium. Standing in line at a sandwich place, in a lecture hall for Sociology class, walking around campus in Iowa City. Its just his style. Appreciate it.

I appreciate when Bart Starr scores the winning td in the ice bowl he hands the ball to the ref. I appreciate the Big 8 chamionship game recently shown on directv b/t Neb. and Okla. the players got up from a tackle or a long gain and went back to the huddle. I appreciate Barry Sanders and Walter Payton scoring a td and acting like it not only wasn't the first time they had done it but that they'd be back. I appreciate Marvin McNutt after he makes a big play.

Appreciate Prater and every other "look at me" clown who makes a play. I think I'll pass.

It was a slight overreaction by Spielman in regards to Prater and McNutt, but it's because of how he played the game and how he is used to seeing Iowa play the game. I don't believe Prater was doing anything more than feeding off of an energized crowd, but I still could've done without it even though it doesn't make me suddenly think Prater is some sort of d-bag for it...as for Marvin, the play he took off was right after he had his leg twisted by a defender who tackled him one play earlier...he couldn't come out but I don't think he knew if he was 100% healthy when that ball was snapped. Again, if Spielman's entire thought on McNutt changed on that one play and he felt the need to alert NFL teams to Marvin's possible laziness, that's on him...not Marvin.

Edit: For the record, I still love Spielman...he usually gives Iowa a fair shake and he's a damn good analyst.

Podolak was very very harsh on Prater...said something like he doesn't know what he's supposed to be doing a lot of the time....whoa

I noticed this during the Minnesota game also. He called out Prater on several occassions when it seemed like he wasn't completely sure who's fault the blown coverage was. Very well could have been Prater's fault, I don't know. But it definitely seemed like Eddie doesn't particularly care for Prater

Latest posts