Prater Sits out Mini-Camp

Hawkeye27

Shaun Prater sat out of all 3 days of Rookie mini camp due to soreness. He cited soreness as the reason he didn't compete. As a coach, this doesn't look too good. Either he under-prepared, or over-prepared. Either way, it kinda makes him look fragile. They haven't even got on pads and he is sitting out. If it is due to lack of preparation, that just looks a little immature. I hope he comes back not sore and ready to work come camp time. For his sake, with all those other CB's fighting for a spot, he has to come ready.

Bengals Cornerback Shaun Prater Dealing With Soreness - Cincy Jungle

Shaun Prater sat out of all 3 days of Rookie mini camp due to soreness. He cited soreness as the reason he didn't compete. As a coach, this doesn't look too good. Either he under-prepared, or over-prepared. Either way, it kinda makes him look fragile. They haven't even got on pads and he is sitting out. If it is due to lack of preparation, that just looks a little immature. I hope he comes back not sore and ready to work come camp time. For his sake, with all those other CB's fighting for a spot, he has to come ready.

Bengals Cornerback Shaun Prater Dealing With Soreness - Cincy Jungle

I could understand if he didn't sign a contract and wanted to prevent injury. But it looks like he signed a contract for 2.285 Million. Not to mention a signing bonus of $185,000.

Bengals Cornerback Shaun Prater's Contract Worth $2.285 Million - Cincy Jungle

You're probably right. Didn't he not participate in the 40 yard dash at the Combine due to a Hamstring issue? Maybe he is still recovering and wants to get it at 100% before pushing it.

logic typically doesn't work on this website.....

but good job, nonetheless.

I still wonder if the players were taking some bad creatine, and that might of caused the kidney problems.

It does seem highly suspicious that all the players came down with that relatively rare condition. But, the workouts they all were enduring were insane as well.

It does seem highly suspicious that all the players came down with that relatively rare condition. But, the workouts they all were enduring were insane as well.

Creatine can really jack your body up. You gotta be very careful when using that stuff.

that is a true story. Ive known a couple guys that started taking that stuff. doesn't seem natural to me.

There is nothing dangerous about taking creatine. Your body naturally creates creatine, you are just helping your body out by giving it more. Once it stores in your muscles, it decreases the amount of time it takes for your ATP to replenish. This means you can do more reps at any given weight than you could do without creatine supplementation. It also helps your muscle cells' retention of water, making muscles temporarily bigger and stronger, which means you can lift more weight on any given lift than you would without creatine supplementation. Again, it is 100% safe and does no damage to your body whatsoever.

It was a known fact that alot of guys didn't stick to their conditioning plans during winter break. Some even got wasted the night before. Add that to a pi$$ed off Doyle (2010 on his mind) facilitating an epic workout when many players were already dehydrated. This was a multi-pronged event where 'everything had to go right' for it to occur.

It was a known fact that alot of guys didn't stick to their conditioning plans during winter break. Some even got wasted the night before. Add that to a pi$$ed off Doyle (2010 on his mind) facilitating an epic workout when many players were already dehydrated. This was a multi-pronged event where 'everything had to go right' for it to occur.

Link?

I do remember reading about how a player went home and relaxed over his break. I didn't see anything about drinking, but they would not publish that even if it were true. All these factors accumulated to Rhabdo I guess. I found an article that does suggest there may have been some extra-curricular things going on that weekend. Read between the lines on the doctor's quote.

"...Yes. That says that the kids aren't telling you what happened on the weekend," he said. "That says there is more to the story than the workouts. Something else that sensitized them, perhaps, to the workout on Monday and that is what tripped them into rhabdomyolysis."

Unusual case at Iowa puts focus on muscle disorder - USATODAY.com

There is nothing dangerous about taking creatine. Your body naturally creates creatine, you are just helping your body out by giving it more. Once it stores in your muscles, it decreases the amount of time it takes for your ATP to replenish. This means you can do more reps at any given weight than you could do without creatine supplementation. It also helps your muscle cells' retention of water, making muscles temporarily bigger and stronger, which means you can lift more weight on any given lift than you would without creatine supplementation. Again, it is 100% safe and does no damage to your body whatsoever.

That is true, but if they had taking it in excess amounts it can cause Rhabdo. I also bet mixing creatine with alcohol has some unfavorable effects in the muscle building process.

Overconsumption
"Your muscles have a saturation point when it comes to creatine, so taking more than the recommended dosage will not lead to better results. It can also be dangerous. According to UMMC, at least one case of consuming too much creatine – 10 grams per day for six weeks – lead to kidney failure and rhabdomyolysis – a condition causing breakdown of muscle tissue. This instance lasted longer than the loading phase, so the evidence is clear that large doses of creatine taken for longer than the loading phase period can be dangerous."

Read more: What Are The Dangers Of Creatine Loading? | LIVESTRONG.COM

It is safe only if taken correctly. If you do not know what you are doing you can kill your liver.

Latest posts