Prater entering the draft

Wouldn't the best response be to wish him well? I hope he succeeds and has a prosperous career. Do I think he is ready, maybe not. Was he our best cornerback...without a doubt.

Don't be a bunch of haters.

Grades and school played a major role in Spievey leaving early last year. He was just done with college and went all in with the NFL. I am not saying Prater is the same, but there are more factors at work here than they are ready.

That would be a horrendous decision on his part.

He's got potential but he hasn't realized it yet and the NFL isn't gonna pay him to try and find out if he can.

A few things on this if he has decided to move on.

1. Good for him, he thinks he'll get drafted apparently from what he's heard and he's played hard for the Hawks and has done a good job.

2. I think another year would help him a lot, but if he moves on, next man in. I like B.J. Lowery.

3. It's easy for us to say he should stay when he can go and make some money now. We're fans that are very greedy and want him to stay so that we'll be better next year.

4. He may be leaving, but until I officially hear it from someone on the Iowa staff, I'm not believing it.

In general, anyone know how long it takes to get the feedback from the NFL people? These guys just filed their paperwork last week or at most the week before...would they already have their answer?

If Spievey is a 3rd round pick, how far does Prater fall??? Dumb decision on his part.

i don't know can't take that long have to declare by jan 15...And by the way didn't we just find out they filed last week...who knows how long ago they filed

Grades and school played a major role in Spievey leaving early last year. He was just done with college and went all in with the NFL. I am not saying Prater is the same, but there are more factors at work here than they are ready.

Spievey was also considered by everyone to be an elite college shut down corner.

I think all 3 of the guys that filed need another year..... but that is their personal decision to make.

His facebook status would say otherwise...

"To clean up the rumors I have not declared as of now I am still a proud hawkeye"

And the countering logic in his (Prater's) mind that could influence him to stay:

- I'm not going to be a high round pick
- Binns and Daniels are definitely NOT chopped liver
- I'll likely have BETTER LBs in front of me in 2011
- I'll be "THE MAN" in the 2011 secondary

I believe , Prater would benefit by returning to Iowa for another year.
Then we'll see.
He's just not ready yet.

MurphyKeith
Just heard from guy at Inside the League. He says he jumped gun on Prater. Prater waffling, but leaning toward staying at Iowa.FWIW

Can someone please either delete this thread or edit the title to reflect the fact that it's BS?

And can the fans who were so quick to bash Prater's decision be a little more skeptical about unsourced reports without links?

And the countering logic in his (Prater's) mind that could influence him to stay:

- I'm not going to be a high round pick
- Binns and Daniels are definitely NOT chopped liver
- I'll likely have BETTER LBs in front of me in 2011
- I'll be "THE MAN" in the 2011 secondary

And, for all three, a factor should be the labor dispute between the players union and the owners.
2011 is going to be chaotic.
by 2012, it will be settled and the owners will get their 18 game schedule,but the union will get expanded rosters(probably by at least 10%)which will enhance he chances for all three of our guys(late draft picks) to make the roster,which is the only path to the cash.

So,Marvin,Tyler and Shaun should stay at Iowa,get their degrees,and be totally prepared for their one shot at hitting the lottery in an improved landscape for marginal draft picks.

Latest posts