Power trip Mr Miller?

IDHawk

What warrants getting kicked out of a forum? Just wondering because I've seen zero threads that warrant getting kicked out. I really like the new look and have enjoyed reading some interesting threads, but was just curious why the power trip?

There have been three banned users so far. There is no power trip. These boards are not going to turn into out of control adult day care. Most people that come here want to discuss Iowa & big ten athletics, and there will be some off topic discussions. It's pretty easy to get along. You have to nearly intentionally try to make waves to not get along.

And the reason you haven't seen the threads, is because they have been deleted. We'll take care of keeping this place that Iowa fans can enjoy coming to.

What warrants getting kicked out of a forum? Just wondering because I've seen zero threads that warrant getting kicked out. I really like the new look and have enjoyed reading some interesting threads, but was just curious why the power trip?

Last I checked, this is Jon's forum and he can do what he wants. He's warned people that he'll keep a tight leash. It's called capitalism.

Last I checked, this is Jon's forum and he can do what he wants. He's warned people that he'll keep a tight leash. It's called capitalism.

I just call it getting a bunch of Iowa fans together to talk about the Hawks, and not being disruptive against that goal. And we'll be vigilant on that front. I probably received about 40 emails today from folks volunteering to be mods...we won't have that many, and I will get back to those folks over the next week...but we will have more eyeballs on this site at all times, and we'll keep things family friendly, fan friendly and fun.

In my experience, the folks that have issues with how I moderate message boards, it's probably a matter of time before they feel like their 'toys' are taken away, and they find another place to call home. Which is fine of course. Different strokes for different folks.

Fair enough. I was just wondering because I think this forum has been nothing but class. I don't mind a couple of clowns coming in every once in a while. Hawkeye Nation can take care of em.

Go Hawks

Iowa 27
MSU 13

i love it. Mod em all!

im a huge Oakland Raider fan (thank god i always got the hawks) and the ESPN oakland raider message board is without doubt the most troll infested place ever!

That sounds more like a dictatorship? ;)

I don't think it's a dictatorship when it's privately owned. Last I checked I nor you pay anything for this sight. I'm assuming Jon did most if not all the work on it and put whatever capital was need into it as well.

Like Jon said, let's just have good conversations about the Hawks on here. We can disagree and still be civil don't you think? This way nobody needs to be concerned about being banned.

We'll save the dictatorship discussion for the OT thread.

IDHawk, when you start your own website you can ban or not ban whoever you want. That's how it works.

It's a message board, there will be disagreement, it should be respectful but let's not forget that some measure of sarcasm and humor will also be present, perhaps when the icons are available or I can figure out how to use them I won't be misunderstood.

As long as the same standard is applied to everyone, novice posters and "legends" alike, all will be good, as I expect it will be.

Latest posts