Pottebaum Retiring from NFL

okeefe4prez

Dude got signed by the Steelers and retired. I would have liked him to stick around in the League for awhile. He reminded me of a mix between Mike Alstott and Mark Weisman, definitely a guy who could have done some damage in the NFL.

They say RBs have short careers hows about Fullbacks.... All this talk in the league about oh woah is the RB position. Well FBs are all but extinct and the ones that are around don't last half as long as most RBs.

They say RBs have short careers hows about Fullbacks.... All this talk in the league about oh woah is the RB position. Well FBs are all but extinct and the ones that are around don't last half as long as most RBs.

Has to be terrible. "Okay, so the guard is going to pull and we're running left. Now when the guard pulls there's either going to be a 255 pound LB who can run a 4.5 or a 320 pound monster who can cover 7 yards faster than you can blink blasting through the gap. All you gotta do is read the gap and take out whichever of those guys comes through the hole if they can hit the RB, but now if they read it and fade toward the run you need to lead block for the RB. Got it?"

Mike Alstott was the chit. He might have been the only FB drafted in Fantasy Football leagues. I know a guy in our league would draft him every year, along with 5 TE's.

Mike Humpal

Drafted by the Steelers and I got super excited, got hurt in camp, collected a check and moved on with his life.

Derek Watt

Is the Steelers fullback as long as he wants it. So there are about 5 NFL teams that need/carry an NFL fullback, so go ahead and check out if our Pottebaum and can’t find a roster spot.

Mike Humpal

Drafted by the Steelers and I got super excited, got hurt in camp, collected a check and moved on with his life.

Derek Watt

Is the Steelers fullback as long as he wants it. So there are about 5 NFL teams that need/carry an NFL fullback, so go ahead and check out if our Pottebaum and can’t find a roster spot.
Watt doesn't play for the Stoolers anymore. Obviously they could resign him if needed.

Latest posts