Posters who constantly give Thumbs Down

Not sure why OK4P’s schtick gets under people’s skin as much as it does, but he’s running circles around some of you.

I only give people Likes or Thumbs Ups, but according to the Thumbs Up Center that you can see on the control panel on here, I have received a substantial number of Thumbs Downs from Sparky and OUTofTOWNHAWK. What possesses these people to hit posters with a barrage of Thumbs Downs? Were they stuffed into lockers in high school? Did their wives run out on them? Are they former rasslers? I've been nothing but cool to everyone on here, but these two folks deem it necessary to make me one of the most Thumbed Down posters on the board. Why is that? What did I ever do to them? I suspect that instead of addressing me in this thread, these two posters will take the passive aggressive approach and give me Thumbs Down for this post. It's maddening. My credibility is ruined. Thanks to everyone who is cool on here, including, but not limited to, LG210, PodolakFan, Hawke, BirdsofPrey, legacyhawk and HawkIPA.

When have you given a thumbs up? Typical Lawyer...

I don't have a problem with anyone on this site but when your troll is about as routine as kirk's offense then you're bound to run into some thumbs down.

This is an attempt to get diesel to take the feature away. Ok4p tried this with the like button constantly posting the word like and never giving a like.

Poor attempt at trolling on this one. You've got some big shoes to fill with your trolling and you're doing a terrible job. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Sorry dude, but his post has the all-time record for the most thumbs-up given in HN history. That ain't trollin'. That's just tellin' it like it is.

Sorry dude, but his post has the all-time record for the most thumbs-up given in HN history. That ain't trollin'. That's just tellin' it like it is.

I'm gonna need some validation on that.

Prolly got the record for most thumbs down as well.:D:cool:

I'm gonna need some validation on that.

Prolly got the record for most thumbs down as well.:D:cool:

Definitely, because only "thumbs up" votes are counted on the third tab of the counter. But it does not distinguish a thumbs up in support of the OP or a thumbs up for someone that disagrees with the OP, so in the end, it is not very meaningful.

Also, I'm sure you have already noticed that on any individual post, the total shown is the net value, so 1 thumbs down vote and 0 thumbs up votes shows the same as 10 down and 9 up. You can't tell what the activity has been, so again, it is not telling the full story.

And just for kicks, I counted the net value for just OK4P's posts on this thread and it was 27 thumbs down, but as I said, that does not tell you the full story. It could just as easily be 40 down and 13 up, or whatever you want to guess.

Finally, I have not tried this but it looks like you can vote any one post up and down, thus cancelling out your (net) vote. However, based on the above observations, this would probably show up as 1 thumbs up vote on the recent activity total and both votes would show up on the individual's totals.

I'm sure that's more than anyone wants to know....now back to football.

Last edited:
This is an attempt to get diesel to take the feature away. Ok4p tried this with the like button constantly posting the word like and never giving a like.

I don't want JD to take away the feature, I just want Delta Bravos who abuse the feature (cough cough you and Sparky cough cough) to lose your ability to spam my reputation with a bunch of thumbs downs that make me look like a bad poster.

Good Lord, now you guys are campaigning for some posts to get Thumbs Ups? It's like this place is full of middle schoolers.

LOL who started the thread P'n&M'n about thumb ratings? Good Lord man, look in the mirror
fou33.gif

En cambio, there is a certain glory to be the King of Thumbs Down. Shows that one is getting a Lot of attention.....

:cool:

I don't want JD to take away the feature, I just want Delta Bravos who abuse the feature (cough cough you and Sparky cough cough) to lose your ability to spam my reputation with a bunch of thumbs downs that make me look like a bad poster.

One thumbs down for every delta bravo reference

Latest posts