Post Your UNpopular Hawkeye Hot Take

The effort about every 10 years or so of some student getting a masters degree in design (that is clueless about athletics in general) to propose a new form of the tigerhawk logo.

It is sacrosanct. Leave it alone.

I think they do that for trademark protection after Southern Miss damned near copied the tager hawk. They need variations "in commerce" so they can build a bigger IP wall around the mark and keep the knock offs from getting too close.

There is more to it than scheme. There is evaluations, recruitment development and retention of staff and players, taken altogether it’s a bust by nearly every standard

I agree with you, but most of this is ultimately KF's responsibility. Replacing Brian alone will not fix the problem. Things won't change until Kirk overhaul's his offensive philosophy.

Has FRYfest run its course of usefullness?

I've gone a couple of times....cheerleader pep rally, a few speeches, the same expensive vendors, lots of liquor...crowded, and it's usually hot as hades.

Here's an idea....funnel all the profits into the Hawkeye Express.
We go every year. It’s a fun way to open the season. The trade show is really good for picking up gear etc, and for kids the autograph sessions are awesome. Last year my kid got to hang out with Marinelli, Brands, Warner, Cassioppi, Young, and Eierman for a while after their signing session and they chatted him up for probably a half hour.

The trade show vendors give away a ton of free swag too which is nice. Got a couple tshirts. There’s always some kind of sales as well.

Dan Gable is usually walking around and he’s the nicest guy in the world. Fun to talk to and takes time for everyone.

If it wasn’t the day before the first game we probably wouldn’t go every year, but since we’re going to be there that weekend anyway we just go down and check it out.

I have always been a fan of Kirk's. But no coach worth his salt would tolerate having an offense which performs so poorly. This experiment has failed. Some of that big ten money should be used to fix it.
Under no other circumstances would it happen period.

Every time Iowa underwhelms and finishes the regular season with a loss to an outgoing Nebraska coach, we follow it up with an undefeated regular season. Book it!

Every time Iowa underwhelms and finishes the regular season with a loss to an outgoing Nebraska coach, we follow it up with an undefeated regular season. Book it!

Pasadena here we come!!!! I like the way you think. Too many people sulking around pissed off about the way the season ended. I'm just happy at how hard this team fought. They made us proud.

I never understood that expression. Ya Fonzie did it but I still don’t understand what it means

jump-the-shark

The beginning of the end. Something is said to have "jumped the shark" when it has reached its peak and begun a downhill slide to mediocrity or oblivion. It's said to have been coined by Jon Hein, who has a web site, jumptheshark.com, and now a book detailing examples, especially as applied to TV shows. It supposedly refers to an episode of the TV show "Happy Days" in which Fonzie jumps over a shark on water skis, which Hein believes was the point at which the series had lost its touch and was beginning to grasp at straws.

Unpopular...but true. KFz is on the downside. Wisconsin, Illinois and Nebraska are all on the way up with new, younger, more aggressive coaches. 7-5 is gonna be the ceiling for as long as KFz stays. We won't sniff 9-10 wins again under Ferentz. And he will stay far longer than he should. It won't end well.

Time for change.

Unpopular...but true. KFz is on the downside. Wisconsin, Illinois and Nebraska are all on the way up with new, younger, more aggressive coaches. 7-5 is gonna be the ceiling for as long as KFz stays. We won't sniff 9-10 wins again under Ferentz. And he will stay far longer than he should. It won't end well.

Time for change.

Illinois is a 1:1 clone of what Wisconsin and Iowa have done for 20 years. What will become of Wisconsin and Nebraska requires a crystal ball to determine. I ain't counting Ferentz out just yet.

Illinois is a 1:1 clone of what Wisconsin and Iowa have done for 20 years. What will become of Wisconsin and Nebraska requires a crystal ball to determine. I ain't counting Ferentz out just yet.
KF is typically far more conservative than BB was this year.

Learning more about the Iowa football program's inner workings due to the racial bias findings and fallout in 2020 has been the most interesting aspect of Iowa football in about a decade, and as Hawkeye fans, we should talk about it more often on here. Or at least not shy away from it.

Latest posts