Post Your UNpopular Hawkeye Hot Take

Has FRYfest run its course of usefullness?

I've gone a couple of times....cheerleader pep rally, a few speeches, the same expensive vendors, lots of liquor...crowded, and it's usually hot as hades.

Here's an idea....funnel all the profits into the Hawkeye Express.

Airliner pizza sucks. The best pizza on the planet is at Great Plains in Ames, of all places.

I prefer to stop at Kwik Star over Casey's.

Despite the annual predictions that the Iowa OL "will be better next year", it actually gets worse.

Last edited:
I go to every home game and there definitely aren't 12 ISP cars outside the stadium. There are a ton of cop cars split between ISP, IC police, county sheriff, etc...but no way are there a dozen troopers there.

You ever get over to the north side of the stadium? There are a ton of cop cars that park between the Transportation Center and Kinnick.

You ever get over to the north side of the stadium? There are a ton of cop cars that park between the Transportation Center and Kinnick.
Yep. We have friends who tailgate over there in a couple of those "we have F you money" areas.

Super good people but their RV spot is 5 figures; when I go over there I feel like Pigpen from Charlie Brown. I don't fit in with Mercedes and Jaguar people most generally.

Kinnick?

Recruits love the student section. If anything it should be one more section wide and not as high.
Hell yeah. The students are paying tuition and it is a school after all. It also makes the stadium even more imposing. While I'm at it, why the hell can't we put the students by the floor in carver, like they do at MSU,Duke, and other places? I know that's a dead horse to beat but why not mention it :). I know it pisses of the blue hair donating class but Carver could be much better as well with this simple change.

Move the blue hairs to be closer to that great ice cream and they can also get to their cars a little easier. Win-win.

Despite the annual predictions that the Iowa OL "will be better next year", it actually gets worse.
Well shit, I feel like you're speaking directly to me. I'm guilty of saying that inaccurate thing every year.

Having said that, the line is going to be better next year. Oops I did it again.

Kinnick?

Recruits love the student section. If anything it should be one more section wide and not as high.

Recruits love the student section everywhere. I think dagdaj was referring to moving the student section back to its old location. They moved it in the reseating/overhaul between the 2004 and 2005 seasons and the move sapped a lot of energy out of it. We had a long home winning streak snapped in 2005.

Illinois did the same, IIRC. I think a lot of schools moved it to the corners as the "donation model" of ticket procurement took off. I get it, but man it really was a nut kick to the students. Now a bunch of schools are asking "golly gee, why don't the students have as much enthusiasm as they used to have?" There wasn't a bad seat in the old section, but the new one is all bad seats. The corner seats in any stadium suck ass.

So I guess that makes okeefe's hot take unpopular.

I love my seats up in 333
Those seats are way the hell up there. But you’re closer to the field than the top row of the sideline bleachers. I also like the steepness. It doesn’t feel as cramped when your knees are level with the shoulders of the guy/girl in front of you.

During 2021 season I scarcely cheered . I just sorta sat and watched. It continued this season...but in the last 4 games I've cheered more than anytime since 2020.

just think if the offense was average or above average!