post spring USA Today Top 25

The Sports Media is a fickle group. Just go back over the last 10 years and compare the final AP Poll to the PreSeason AP Poll. Generally 9 of the top 25 in the preseason are not in the final AP Poll. The Coaches poll is no different.

As for ISU getting Media love it is based on last season and the Campbell hype. ISU had a favorable schedule at the end of last season with 3 of the last 4 games at home. If you include their bowl game they went 3 and 2, the two losses were against Texas and Washington St. The Drake makeup game was a narrow 27 and 24 win. I don't think they can replicate 2018.

They have 5 road conference games and Texas at home. I expect Baylor and KSU to be better and those are road games. Given the propensity of BIG XII officials to screw ISU; just ask any ISU fan, then 7 and 5 will be about right. I'm even giving them a win against Iowa simply because it is a home game.

The Sports Media is a fickle group. Just go back over the last 10 years and compare the final AP Poll to the PreSeason AP Poll. Generally 9 of the top 25 in the preseason are not in the final AP Poll. The Coaches poll is no different.

As for ISU getting Media love it is based on last season and the Campbell hype. ISU had a favorable schedule at the end of last season with 3 of the last 4 games at home. If you include their bowl game they went 3 and 2, the two losses were against Texas and Washington St. The Drake makeup game was a narrow 27 and 24 win. I don't think they can replicate 2018.

They have 5 road conference games and Texas at home. I expect Baylor and KSU to be better and those are road games. Given the propensity of BIG XII officials to screw ISU; just ask any ISU fan, then 7 and 5 will be about right. I'm even giving them a win against Iowa simply because it is a home game.

I don't argue your logic. Have a good year and the next year expectations are there.
What I don't understand and doesn't make sense is ok if that's your basis for ISU, how can you in the same article have the same expectations for Nebby?
Did they get better? Well they were losing every single game so one win was better than the whole beginning of the season.
They "hung" with OSU? The same OSU that was in a scandal, coach on the way out and all around in a down year. They "hung" with Iowa? Come on go back and watch the game. We let them.

Just seems to me there is no rhyme or reason to what they are saying.
Just hope and fluff.

I don't care if they think they project well, how is Nebraska ranked
Nebraska’s schedule is a cakewalk. If they don’t contend in the West I would be very surprised. Iowa will finish 3rd or worse with our schedule.

Until Iowa shows what kind of team they are going to have this year I'm not surprised that they aren't ranked even in the West.
Replacing the majority of your TD production from last year is going to be a challenge. And next year graduation and early outs are going to hit Iowa hard.

Latest posts