post spring USA Today Top 25

The B1G West might just come down to QB play. How will Nate hold up to Wisky & NW's new guys?

Clowns at 18 is laughable. They implode against defenses with a pulse. I will give them credit as they play by far the best D in that conference, but they don't belong in the top 20.

I'm really curious why the Cyclones are ranked so high when they just lost their best RB and WR in school history.

I think they fill the void at RB and QB is solid. The tipper may be their defense in the Big 12. They should have a top D with an experienced and reputable D front. ........................and they have Matt Campbell who I think can get a lot out of a lot of players.

They ALWAYS for some reason seem to find that big quality WR, so I have not reason to think they won't find again for next year.

I'm really curious why the Cyclones are ranked so high when they just lost their best RB and WR in school history.
They have their best 3 QBs in history on their roster?
???

I think they fill the void at RB and QB is solid. The tipper may be their defense in the Big 12. They should have a top D with an experienced and reputable D front. ........................and they have Matt Campbell who I think can get a lot out of a lot of players.

They ALWAYS for some reason seem to find that big quality WR, so I have not reason to think they won't find again for next year.
I actually like their receivers, but they do not fit into Purdy's youth at all. Butler was a strong, tall guy that could fight off near anyone for a jump ball, and he bailed Purdy out a TON last year. I don't see anyone on their roster being able to replace that.

Same with Montgomery. This season is going to show how special he truly was. He looked great in spite of that OL and playcalling, and they're going to miss him dearly. Hall and Brock have talent, but neither have the invaluable experience or pure running instinct DM did.

I actually like their receivers, but they do not fit into Purdy's youth at all. Butler was a strong, tall guy that could fight off near anyone for a jump ball, and he bailed Purdy out a TON last year. I don't see anyone on their roster being able to replace that.

Same with Montgomery. This season is going to show how special he truly was. He looked great in spite of that OL and playcalling, and they're going to miss him dearly. Hall and Brock have talent, but neither have the invaluable experience or pure running instinct DM did.

Exactly. There's simply no way their new RB will break anywhere near 100 tackles like Monty did. He was a stud. That will cause them a lot more 2nd/3rd and longs. Plus, Purdy isn't that accurate. Seriously, go watch some of their tape from when he started. He would just chuck the ball downfield and Butler would make a play. He wasn't exactly dropping in precision passes. Our defense should be able to pressure and fluster him.

because they have an up and coming young coach while Iowa has a coach who's been here which feels like forever now and has made Iowa football very vanilla.

because they have an up and coming young coach while Iowa has a coach who's been here which feels like forever now and has made Iowa football very vanilla.

I'm pretty sure that has literally nothing to do with their preseason ranking. Iowa just came off a 9 win season where they beat a really good SEC team in their bowl game and finished ranked. This despite having a "very vanilla" program.

Exactly. There's simply no way their new RB will break anywhere near 100 tackles like Monty did. He was a stud. That will cause them a lot more 2nd/3rd and longs. Plus, Purdy isn't that accurate. Seriously, go watch some of their tape from when he started. He would just chuck the ball downfield and Butler would make a play. He wasn't exactly dropping in precision passes. Our defense should be able to pressure and fluster him.

The real shocking thing is that he didn't just break those tackles, he did it without fumbling. I think he was a RB who had a stat showing some of the most first contact (breaking tackles) and never fumbled. I think the year before last he didn't fumble all year until the bowl game.

There is nothing more worthless than preseason polls, except maybe polls that come out after spring practice! Not too worried about it.

Latest posts