Post here is you think next year gets people back on the bandwagon

If we win 9 games yes, but it will keep some of the vocal engaged....they'll never eat crow.

If we win 7-8 I think some who find sport in ******** will actually do what they threaten and drift away...so no, more wont be on the bandwagon

If we win 6 or less. Yes, people will be tracking planes, and doing lots of meet and greets with the new coach...and AD

even if he wins the national title next season, I'd hope he'd go to the NFL. There is NOTHING ferentz can do to get me back on his bandwagon.

With that schedule, we could win 8 regular season games if things bounce our way and STILL not be any better than this years team...I will be using the eye test more than anything....and of course, games against decent competition...all three (3) of them.

It would take massive changes in the way this team does business for me to have any hope.

But I really can't wrap my mind around letting him have one more year consider how awful the last 5 have been. The idea is dumbfounding to me.

He should have been gone years ago and I just don't understand this "one more year" crap that happens at the end of every year....year after year.

The patience of some of this fan base is like something out of cult.

I'm too ****** that Ferentz kept us from being able to watch Beathard slinging the ball to Smith, Willis, and Powell to get back on the bandwagon.

As a diehard of 35 years I am not off the Iowa bandwagon but I am off the Kirk bandwagon. For me, it's over.

No. His time here is done. Love the Hawks, always will, but can't stand Ferentz. How many more years are we going to say "One more year"? Yesterday was the worst performance I have seen from an Iowa team that I can remember.

As a diehard of 35 years I am not off the Iowa bandwagon but I am off the Kirk bandwagon. For me, it's over.

Same here. Nothing will change with KF. We'll struggle to get to 6-6/7-5 even with another "soft" schedule.

What would get many back on the bandwagon is for Barta to get fired then hiring an AD with enough ranch eggs to make a change. That's step one.

Same here. Nothing will change with KF. We'll struggle to get to 6-6/7-5 even with another "soft" schedule.

What would get many back on the bandwagon is for Barta to get fired then hiring an AD with enough ranch eggs to make a change. That's step one.

That is step one in the proceds

People are being overly emotional and illogical ITT. I'm upset too. But if we we go 9-3 and win the big ten west with Beathard then people will be stoked on the program again.

I doubt this will happen. But be logical people.

No, it will be no different. Its entirely possible Iowa falls below NW and Illinois next year. The team lacks talent, mainly speed, as well as leadership. Tom Osborne learned twenty years ago that you had to recruit speed, particularly on defense. He then won 3 national titles. Kirk has not learned that, nor has he learned the value of very strong assistant coaches. The lack of a quarterback and athletes on offense, or the use of what he has, is visible. Kirk is a good man, just has not changed with the times. It's really too late now. Look no further than Tennessee to see the impact a good college coach can make. Complete turnaround appears in progress and within 2 years.

Nope. It's over. A similar season to this year is the ceiling next year unfortunately.

Every football mind knows this will end badly. Why do we have to suffer for 2 more years to see that outcome. Some of us won't live to see it. It's not a game.

Born and bred a Hawkeye. Never off the bandwagon.
But, Im done with KF. I will watch, and complain, Im sure. Unless I see CJB and thW more talented skill players on the field. I want to see more 60 yard bombs to Tavaun. I want to see wadley run those stretch plays and break 60 yard runs. I want to see us put 50 points on the board against MAC teams and Minny and Illinois and Purdue. I want to see a punt returner return a punt.

Those are the things that would turn me on.

People are being overly emotional and illogical ITT. I'm upset too. But if we we go 9-3 and win the big ten west with Beathard then people will be stoked on the program again.

I doubt this will happen. But be logical people.

So you're saying the number of wins that get you fired at Nebraska gets you a statue at Iowa? I think you're right. I also think that may explain our current dilemma.

Every football mind knows this will end badly. Why do we have to suffer for 2 more years to see that outcome. Some of us won't live to see it. It's not a game.

Are you terminally ill? BTW, go visit the depth chart thread. The blue-sky crowd will cheer you up. They are pretty much guaranteeing next year is a return to greatness. I almost got sucked in.