Post Game Reaction - UNI/UI

Wow. Interesting post.

Didn't we BEAT UNI last year in Iowa City in basketball? I think we did.

Here is the good news, Hawk fans:

1. We play UNI in football in Iowa City. Let's give them a real warm reception.
2. We play UNI in basketball next year in Iowa City, and we should have a better team with the new recruits. Let's see if we can turn the tables on them in that game as well.

Yes, let's make it a rivalry and beat the crap out of them. I think we can do it.

One other thing: UNI fan better be careful. Call attention to your mid-major program and you'll lose your coach, because he is grossly underpaid. Be careful what you wish for.....

Jake was A&M's first choice...he just priced himself out of the job and they went with Kennedy.

yeah, that's how the BCS is supposed to work too. It is complete ignorance to believe that a name does not matter. Seriously completely ignorant.

If UNI is a top 50 RPI, it is still not going to be considered a quality win.

FOOTBALL.....not basketball.

In football, the system is severely messed up.

LUCKILY, there isn't a BCS in basketball...only BCS conferences. If UNI finishes with a top 50 RPI and someone who beats them is in the running for an at-large, I guarantee you that it will be considered a quality win. It will probably be one of the better wins on that team's schedule.

FOOTBALL.....not basketball.

In football, the system is severely messed up.

LUCKILY, there isn't a BCS in basketball...only BCS conferences. If UNI finishes with a top 50 RPI and someone who beats them is in the running for an at-large, I guarantee you that it will be considered a quality win. It will probably be one of the better wins on that team's schedule.

Only if it is Witchita State or another mid major. If they played a team like Purdue and Purdue was on the bubble it wouldn't be nearly as important as a good B10 win.

I can't wait until Creighton beats the hell out of UNI, at least they play the right way without having to rely on officials to win ball games. Until last night I was pretty indifferent to UNI, they're not relevant enough to care about. But after what went down, I hate them, we got screwed. I'd give anything to have tickets behind the UNI bench next year in Carver. There's some pretty harsh words I'd like to direct towards Jacobsen. Himself, his crappy school, and the officials in that sub-par conference must have some kind of problem with Fran. Fran's been T'ed up 3 times now in that arena, Jacobsen is probably jealous that he'll never be half of what Fran is, coaching wise and professionally, considering he makes 3 times what Jacobsen does. If I'm Kirk, I run the score to about 50 to nothing and keep the foot on the pedal the entire game. Someone has to prove UNI they're a joke and will never have the programs we have. Enjoy it while you can UNI, we'll be back, we are ESPN/Sagarin's number 10 all time basketball program, in case you were unaware of, so yeah, we're doing you a favor by playing this game.

Hopefully your first and only post. A UNI fan coming here to lecture us is probably the dumbest thing I have ever read. You have been relevant in the state for about 8-9 years....big deal. You have been nationally relevant for about 4-5 days a couple March's ago. You have 6 NCAA tourney berths in the history of your program. Robert Morris, Ball State, Montana, Pacific, Winthrop, Idaho State and Lasalle are just a handful of teams that have more NCAA tourney berths than you. Go away.

You should be more ashamed by the fact that Iowa has allowed a UNI fan to gloat on this site. What a pathetic program, but well deserved for the ones who outed Davis and Alford.

You could have had a nice team who played from end to end defense and would go to the tournament every year with Davis. Or you'd have a team who would be middle of the road but have enough talent to win the BT tournament.

Pick a new hobby Iowa basketball fans, you won't be Back for a while.

Wow, being lectured from a Northern Iowa Panther fan-speaking from a position of superiority-about our reaction to the game and the need to continue the series. Thing is he's probably right. This is how far our program has fallen

Not sure whether to laugh or cry at this moment.

I understand what you're saying, but this is an honest question: when was the last time you've seen Illinois traveling to Southern Illinois, or Indiana traveling to Butler? Just two examples I pulled off the top of my head. I honestly don't know. If it's never happened, then I rest my case.
Michigan State played at Eastern Michigan this year (won 72-40 on 11-27). That's a 70 mile drive or so. Indiana played at Evansville (won 94-73 on 11-16). That's 130-140 miles. It doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen.

Michigan State played at Eastern Michigan this year (won 72-40 on 11-27). That's a 70 mile drive or so. Indiana played at Evansville (won 94-73 on 11-16). That's 130-140 miles. It doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen.

Interesting. Thanks for the info!

After watching the game, this is what I envision a UNI practice to be like:

1.) Shoot 3s for an hour straight.
2.) Stand up and then flop to the ground for an hour straight.
3.) Draw straws to see which one of them gets to ref thier next game.
4.) Then shoot 3s for another hour.

I can't believe cedarfalls coming on here and telling us how UNI is such a great program. They look good, because they play through the MVC and end up with 20+ wins then go to the tourney where they hardly ever have any relevence. OK so they beat Kansas...woop dee doo! Iowa beat Purdue last year with a bad team. Upsets happen like that once every 10 years and UNI just happened to get the upset at the right time. You can only live and die by the three so long. I actually hope we play you next year when we actually have a decent wave of recruits coming in.

I am going to say this first...I hate everything about the Hawkeyes. There, I said it.

Now, to the game.

I think that it was a physical and emotionally challenging game. This is my no mistake. That is the problem when you play the Panthers. They are always going to have great defensive teams that get in your face. It's tough to deal with, and a lot of players become frustrated when playing against it. The Hawkeyes were no different last night.

Do I think that the technicals should've been called? Probably not. I think the referees could've handled themselves better, but as a Division 1 coach, you have to understand the situation. You know that you're in a hostile environment...the crowd is going to feed off of your reaction...there is a better chance of getting a Technical on the road than at home because of the reaction from everyone else (including the refs).

I agree that games can be difficult to watch when the refs start making a lot of calls. However, the shoe was on the other foot last year. You guys were +15 in the free throw department. I'm sure there was complaining on our side.

Either way, this is one game. Let's get to the bigger picture. You guys want the series to end????? Now, I understand that you feel you SHOULD be better than us, but you're not. You haven't been for quite some time. Typically, we have a much higher RPI than the Hawkeyes at the end of the season. I know that this is only over the last 8-10 years so please don't come back with things from twenty years ago.

This series is a great thing for the entire state. It's great having the Big 4 play each other. This game helps your RPI (as of late) and hurts ours (as of late). If anyone should be complaining, it should be the Panthers. However, we see the benefit of having 2 BCS conference schools in our state, so regardless of whether it hurts our RPI or not, it is a great opportunity for both teams.

F*ck you. How do you compare anything to last night's getting jobbed. The only reason your team won was based on the ref's and your players flopping around like fish. Your team is in the same category as MSU football, dirty and cheaters. Have fun in ****** falls!

After watching the game, this is what I envision a UNI practice to be like:

1.) Shoot 3s for an hour straight.
2.) Stand up and then flop to the ground for an hour straight.
3.) Draw straws to see which one of them gets to ref thier next game.
4.) Then shoot 3s for another hour.

I can't believe cedarfalls coming on here and telling us how UNI is such a great program. They look good, because they play through the MVC and end up with 20+ wins then go to the tourney where they hardly ever have any relevence. OK so they beat Kansas...woop dee doo! Iowa beat Purdue last year with a bad team. Upsets happen like that once every 10 years and UNI just happened to get the upset at the right time. You can only live and die by the three so long. I actually hope we play you next year when we actually have a decent wave of recruits coming in.

lol

I still like UNI. I graduated from there and root for them when they aren't playing Iowa. That won't change just because of some crappy officiating. UNI has earned plenty of respect over the last several years.

I don't understand why anyone would want this series to end. Honestly I don't. At this point, the game does more to hurt UNI than it does Iowa. UNI is the better program right now. I want to see if Iowa can topple them once Caff gets all of his recruits in here. I think it could become a really intense series.

Congrats to UNI. I think until we can figure out how to guard the perimeter, we're gonna struggle against good shooting teams. But I think we are making strides. It will be interesting if, at the end of the season, we look back at the UNI game as the game where this team started to come together. Hopefully that will be the case.

+1, ostrich, chad... whatever you do around here nowadays.

I can't wait until Creighton beats the hell out of UNI, at least they play the right way without having to rely on officials to win ball games. Until last night I was pretty indifferent to UNI, they're not relevant enough to care about. But after what went down, I hate them, we got screwed. I'd give anything to have tickets behind the UNI bench next year in Carver. There's some pretty harsh words I'd like to direct towards Jacobsen. Himself, his crappy school, and the officials in that sub-par conference must have some kind of problem with Fran. Fran's been T'ed up 3 times now in that arena, Jacobsen is probably jealous that he'll never be half of what Fran is, coaching wise and professionally, considering he makes 3 times what Jacobsen does. If I'm Kirk, I run the score to about 50 to nothing and keep the foot on the pedal the entire game. Someone has to prove UNI they're a joke and will never have the programs we have. Enjoy it while you can UNI, we'll be back, we are ESPN/Sagarin's number 10 all time basketball program, in case you were unaware of, so yeah, we're doing you a favor by playing this game.

1. Creighton probably will beat the hell out of us. They are a very good team. We are average.

2. UNI didn't ref the game....the refs did. Don't blame calls that you wanted to go the other way on the players.

3. I'm sure you can still get those tickets. Carver has turned into a ghost town over the past few seasons.

4. Comparing Jacobson to McCaffery: McCaffery is twice as good of a coach as Jacobson???

McCaffery win %: 57%
Jacobson win %: 67%

McCaffery Conference Championships: 4
Jacobson: 2

McCaffery Tournament Championships: 3

McCaffery NCAA wins: 2

McCaffery Furthest Reached: Round of 32
Jacobson: Sweet 16

McCaffery Years as HC: 16 years
Jacobson: 5

I would say Jacobson is more than 1/2 the coach...in fact, it may be the other way around.

You should be more ashamed by the fact that Iowa has allowed a UNI fan to gloat on this site. What a pathetic program, but well deserved for the ones who outed Davis and Alford.

You could have had a nice team who played from end to end defense and would go to the tournament every year with Davis. Or you'd have a team who would be middle of the road but have enough talent to win the BT tournament.

Pick a new hobby Iowa basketball fans, you won't be Back for a while.

Ok little girl, go play with the refs that GAVE you the game last night...tool!

I am going to say this first...I hate everything about the Hawkeyes. There, I said it.Now, to the game.I think that it was a physical and emotionally challenging game. This is my no mistake. That is the problem when you play the Panthers. They are always going to have great defensive teams that get in your face. It's tough to deal with, and a lot of players become frustrated when playing against it. The Hawkeyes were no different last night.Do I think that the technicals should've been called? Probably not. I think the referees could've handled themselves better, but as a Division 1 coach, you have to understand the situation. You know that you're in a hostile environment...the crowd is going to feed off of your reaction...there is a better chance of getting a Technical on the road than at home because of the reaction from everyone else (including the refs).I agree that games can be difficult to watch when the refs start making a lot of calls. However, the shoe was on the other foot last year. You guys were 15 in the free throw department. I'm sure there was complaining on our side.Either way, this is one game. Let's get to the bigger picture. You guys want the series to end????? Now, I understand that you feel you SHOULD be better than us, but you're not. You haven't been for quite some time. Typically, we have a much higher RPI than the Hawkeyes at the end of the season. I know that this is only over the last 8-10 years so please don't come back with things from twenty years ago.This series is a great thing for the entire state. It's great having the Big 4 play each other. This game helps your RPI (as of late) and hurts ours (as of late). If anyone should be complaining, it should be the Panthers. However, we see the benefit of having 2 BCS conference schools in our state, so regardless of whether it hurts our RPI or not, it is a great opportunity for both teams.
Um play us in football Dik.