Positive High School Wrestling Story

There have been several good feel wrestling stories lately. They don't always get the same press as the negatives stories, so it's good to have some positive examples highlighting the bright side of wrestling.

yea he atleast wrestled with him for a little bit from the looks of it. what a feeling for the kid and also the pekin could to give him this moment

I never know how to feel about these kind of stories. On one hand I recognize the gesture and the good intentions behind it. On the other the athlete in me would be offended if I got something I didn't earn.

unless someone is a complete heartless ***** and goes up to the kid and says the win doesn't count because he let them win then it doesn't matter because the kid doesn't know the difference at all

unless someone is a complete heartless ***** and goes up to the kid and says the win doesn't count because he let them win then it doesn't matter because the kid doesn't know the difference at all

Are you sure? They basically ran a news story about it. Not all kids with CP have mental disabilities. Some forms don't impact intelligence or cognative ability at all.

All I'm saying is I want to win every time I compete against something, and if my opponent doesn't give their all then it doesn't feel like a win.

what I don't get is.......the kid ain't dumb......with everyone talking about it and the story on TV...isn't he bound to figure out that his opponent let him pin him...?? you think that would totally deflate the kid........ --- also the kid who took the "dive" had great intentions...but if you're gonna do something like that...you don't tell ANYONE...then the story becomes about you...and not Zane.......

Last edited:
I never know how to feel about these kind of stories. On one hand I recognize the gesture and the good intentions behind it. On the other the athlete in me would be offended if I got something I didn't earn.

I totally respect the Pekin kid for doing it.......... however I wrestled and I never would have let anybody pin me...........

I totally respect the Pekin kid for doing it.......... however I wrestled and I never would have let anybody pin me...........
Well good for you........ A high school kid sees the big picture.......... something u never could...................................

Way to go. you wouldn't throw a bone to a disabled kid in a meaningless match. At least you have a good perspective on the situation. I'm glad there are kids out there like the Pekin kid instead more w/ your mind frame.

To be honest, I'd struggle with the concept of throwing a match. If I did decided to allow myself to get pinned I think I'd keep it to myself to not steal the spotlight from the young man.

Of course, I would've struggled with the decision to wrestle a girl at state as well. I think I would've forfeited the match, but it's hard to be certain of some hypothetical decisions unless actually going through the situation.

Regardless I am impressed with this decision. It could be the highlight of the young man's life and could lead to greater self-confidence as his life progresses.

Way to go. you wouldn't throw a bone to a disabled kid in a meaningless match. At least you have a good perspective on the situation. I'm glad there are kids out there like the Pekin kid instead more w/ your mind frame.

I would have worked him over and put about 13-14 points on him and make him take a few injury TO's to visit the puke bucket before allowing the pin. Then he really would have felt like Rocky after that comeback fall.

Latest posts