Position coaches- Possibilities?

thawks1

OK Kennedy is gone at least also. Move Reese back to OL. Akins be rehired as DL coach. 10th coach hire someone for DE's or have Reese do DT and Akins DE.s then bring in Raih as QB coach and get good god anyone for WR's.

I'm guessing Brian will keep OL duties with his OC job. He pretty much works with the interior OL anyway as KF still does a lot of work with the tackles.

I'd like to see David Raih come in and be at least QB coach, if not QB and WR.

Aikens would be a pretty sweet get, but I doubt he comes back to college from the pros.

Will most likely get blasted for this, but what about Marvin McNutt as a WR coach? Isn't he in the area working and training kids?

Start him as a GA and see where it goes? I think the reason ex Hawks keep getting brought up for coaching positions is they understand how Iowa works and the transitions could go well? Just a thought....

I like the idea of Raih as the QB coach, maybe groom him to be next OC if Brian Ferentz takes over for Kirk in a couple of years.

If WR spot opens up, maybe reach out to some young former Hawks in the area (Martin-Manley, McNutt, Hinkle). All three are coaching/working high high school players currently. Maybe helps continue the much needed youth movement.

Last spot depends on who you could get. What about Bobby Diaco? Not sure if he'd go from Uconn head coach to position coach, but maybe offer him D-line & Asst. HC title. Maybe he'd be up for a couple year stint at his alma mater. Then Morgan could move back to O-line.

Will most likely get blasted for this, but what about Marvin McNutt as a WR coach? Isn't he in the area working and training kids?

Start him as a GA and see where it goes? I think the reason ex Hawks keep getting brought up for coaching positions is they understand how Iowa works and the transitions could go well? Just a thought....
He'd have to be enrolled in school; I don't know if he'd be up for that after so long or not.

I have a feeling that QB coach will be good ole KOK. Hoping Blazek for the Oline.

I want to see Drew Tate come back at some point in my life. He says is dream job is to coach at Iowa and frankly I loved that guy.

Aiken is unemployed- let go by Oregon when they canned all the coaches I believe about 2-3 weeks ago.

Latest posts