Portal ?

I can’t imagine any guys on D do because you play for Phil and so many guys leaves the roster is wide open.

On offense, we don’t have many guys I look at and think there’s athleticism being underused. But, any QB or WR would be a fool to stay here.

KF: Joey, we have the shittiest quarterback in the history of college football but we're not going to give you a chance.

If Labas stays, do we even want someone that is willing to take this AND sit behind Hill for another year? If I have any testicular fortitude, I'd say a big FU and head out the door as fast as I can. Of course, maybe he has and is the reason Marco was taking the #2 snaps this week.

Had a dream the other night that I needed to get to the UniDome to join my team for the Championship game. Of course i'm an adult and while it was a bit odd that I'm an adult going to join my team didn't seem all that odd in the dream. I realized thta I didn't have my uniform or gear. And had odd doubts if I'd get to play because I hadn't been to any practices all year long

Not too much unlike dreams about needing to find my class that I havne't been to all semester long.

The portal WRs, Anderson and Brown, would have to think hard about sitting a season if they decide to move. Maybe not though if they'd be catching passes from Hill.

To the OP, I am not aware of anyone that has already declared they are transferring. That would be weird right now.

Why would anyone leave on the D unless they were blocked from PT due to depth issues? If so, that happens to everyone.

I hope Labas and Hill move on. We need to burn the offense to the ground and start over, and you don't do that with two shitty QBs near the top of the depth chart. Beyond that, I think most everyone who got appreciable playing time stays. No one has shown any talent such that any good team would want them. Plus, with a knew OC, there will be enough "change" juice to keep most everyone around for Spring Ball to see what this will all be like.

I don't expect mass exodus. KF builds loyalty among his players, and again, decent chance we win 9-10 games this year. So.....

Why do you include Labas? He has started one game, it was a bowl game and he won it. He showed qualities in that game that Kirk should like. He managed the game.

Why do you include Labas? He has started one game, it was a bowl game and he won it. He showed qualities in that game that Kirk should like. He managed the game.
Well. Consensus on this Board and in the eyes of any sane football fan is that Hill is about the worst QB ever. Yet, he came in and unseated Labas almost immediately. We all know KF does not leapfrog guys on the depth chart easily. Despite Hill turning the ball over regularly and not doing anything of note, there is not even a hint that they will go with Labas. To be clear, I am not saying Labas should not be playing over Hill and that he is likely better than Hill. But, if he is viewed by the staff as being appreciably worse than Hill, my guess is he is not the level of player we need to turn this offense around. In other words, he may be a bit better or about the same as Hill. Not exactly a ringing endorsement......

Again, we need to burn the offense to the ground and start over. Joey Labas is not the answer to this riddle. Go get some transfers!!!

Vines
S. Anderson
Wetjen
K. Brown

If you can keep 2 of the 4 I would call it a win.

Everyone knows that if you've already transferred, unless you are a graduate transfer, you are sitting out a year right? I think that might have an impact on who we see leave

The portal isn't even open at this time and I don't think anyone "declares" they are going into it before they actually do. My guess is there will be plenty on both sides of the ball but that is not unique to Iowa. Good chance Alabama, Georgia, UM and TOSU all have plenty on their way out the door as well. This is the new world of CFB.

QB's transferring out should almost be expected at EVERY school every year. There's only one slot for those guys and they all want to play QB1

Everyone knows that if you've already transferred, unless you are a graduate transfer, you are sitting out a year right? I think that might have an impact on who we see leave

The portal isn't even open at this time and I don't think anyone "declares" they are going into it before they actually do. My guess is there will be plenty on both sides of the ball but that is not unique to Iowa. Good chance Alabama, Georgia, UM and TOSU all have plenty on their way out the door as well. This is the new world of CFB.

I still firmly believe that the portal will lead to parity. The benefits to the top tier will be marginal. It remains to be seen how it plays out for a team like Iowa, but on the whole....I think a program like Iowa has the chance to benefit more than marginally more than they will "lose" due to the portal.
And I've said over and over, whatever we say about Brian's results....his record in the portal is on the plus side.

I don't see Brown transferring. He would have have to sit out 2024 and have only 2 years of eligibility remaining. And with any luck, he is starting to grow into a role and could become a valuable piece.

Latest posts