pollard sends Clones the kiss of death letter

Read between the lines and they're more or less saying they're screwed. As Johnny Orr might say, "Wooo-boy. Man, oh, man!"

Enjoy life as a mid-major, Clones.

i felt like a quote was missing

"everyone in the big 12 is abandoning us and we have nowhere to go because no one wants us"

This is hilarious. This letter has started a civil war on Cyclown Fanatic. Half of them believe they'll be just fine no matter the outcome, and the other half are already tossing the dirt over Ames College's grave. Way too funny!

Thankfully, Fred Hoiberg has all the NBA GM's on speed dial, and ISU's women's basketball program is awesome, so everything will turn out just fine for them.

I find it pretty hilarious that some of the clown fans think the Big 10 would want to invite Iowa State. I really doubt any school in the Big Ten would be even remotely excited about that happening.

Think of the research funding ramifications. ISU is going to take a huge hit both in academic and in sports. THere is NOWHERE for them to go. THey have been a big 12 pilot fish parasite for 14 years. MWC? not financially viable. MAC certainly a possibility...its going to KILL ISU! All days are bad for cyclones but this day is really bad....and I keep giggling about it.

In spite of what others said about Pollard, I continue to view him as a snake oil salesman. My opinion started with that silly billboard near the Ceder Rapids area about ISU being a Cyclone state shortly after he became AD at Iowa State.

His snake oil salesmanship continues with his comments regarding the possible Big Twelve realinment publication.

It would not surprise me if Pollard leaves Iowa State for better opportunities (if they're out there for him) if (and probably when) the conference realignment becomes a reality.

Having read the letter a couple of times I don't find anything in it that wasn't already apparent. One sentence summarizes all, that ISU has no control over the events unfolding.

It seems to me that the over-riding concern for many ISU fanatics is remaining in an automatic qualifier BCS conference. They are not alone in this matter, some Big East Universities face that same prospect as well as Kansas, KSU, and Baylor. Right now no one knows what will transpire, but you could see a combination of former Big 8 Universities and left out Big East Universities conspire to create a new conference.

Let's say Kansas, KSU, and ISU are left at the alter. And let's say two Big East Schools join the Big Ten, Rutgers and Pitt. That leaves Cincinnati, West Virginia, Connecticut, South Florida, Louisville and Syracuse. You need to find three Midwest Schools to form a west division of the Big East and you have your BCS conference.

So who are some potential candidates? If Nebraska or Missouri don't move then you have two. Is there a Minnesota or Illinois University looking to move up? There is Memphis. Crazy but maybe worth looking at versus the MWC.

You make some good points eyekwah, except for the one asking about Minnesota or Illinois...I don't think any Big10 teams would give up that kind of money. Mock the conference all you want Clone fans, but the Big10 is probably the safest conference in the country right now.

You make some good points eyekwah, except for the one asking about Minnesota or Illinois...I don't think any Big10 teams would give up that kind of money. Mock the conference all you want Clone fans, but the Big10 is probably the safest conference in the country right now.

I was thinking more like Illinois State or Minnesota State. { I should of thought of Northern Illinois when I was conjuring up the idea.}

Last edited:

Latest posts