Poll: Tyler Cook's Future

Does he declare for the draft and forego his senior year at Iowa?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Diamond stone declared early foolishly as well. Still wallowing in the G league but at least he's done with school and making money.

I think cook chooses the same path. Would love for him to come back though if he agrees to give up ever shooting a jumpshot

Cook said last year the only 2 options ever considered was going to the NBA or coming back to iowa. Fans say things like he hates school or he really wants to start making money, but Cook has never said anything like that. He just had inflated opinion of his basketball playing ability. I think he will be back.

Diamond stone declared early foolishly as well. Still wallowing in the G league but at least he's done with school and making money.

I think cook chooses the same path. Would love for him to come back though if he agrees to give up ever shooting a jumpshot
$1.85 mil in two years in the bigs buys a lot of school credits when he wants to go back.

I hope he comes back. Yes, he can be maddening at times, but we're ultimately a better team with him.

I honestly think Cook might understand at this point that his future is playing overseas.

And if that’s the case he might figure why not get over there and start making money now.

Also, how far is he from making his degree? A lot of time players take courses over the summer and can graduate quicker than the normal student who goes home.

So perhaps there’s a way for him to get his degeee but still start making money right away.

Cook said last year the only 2 options ever considered was going to the NBA or coming back to iowa. Fans say things like he hates school or he really wants to start making money, but Cook has never said anything like that. He just had inflated opinion of his basketball playing ability. I think he will be back.
There's tons of bullshit rumors that fly around on these boards. If I were a player I'd be sick of it.

There's tons of bullshit rumors that fly around on these boards. If I were a player I'd be sick of it.
I guarantee you HN is the last place a player would ever look on the internet and that they have no idea it even exists.

If it isn’t Instagram or Twitter they’ll never see it. Message boards are ancient technology and pretty much everyone here is 40+.

We are like the guy down the street with a mullet who goes to yard sales to buy VHS tapes. Trust me, TC or Bohannon will never see or hear a peep from us.

I guarantee you HN is the last place a player would ever look on the internet and that they have no idea it even exists.

If it isn’t Instagram or Twitter they’ll never see it. Message boards are ancient technology and pretty much everyone here is 40+.

We are like the guy down the street with a mullet who goes to yard sales to buy VHS tapes. Trust me, TC or Bohannon will never see or hear a peep from us.
I see plenty of the garbage on here (or worse) peddled on Twitter.

In fact, I'd argue social media is worse.

I’ve always thought this was Cook’s last year, and I guess I don’t think anything that has happened has really changed that.

Does that mean he hates school or he hates Iowa? No. I believe he simply just has a warped view of reality in terms of his abilities, but he’d hardly be the first player to have that.

Quite frankly he’s not an NBA guy and staying for his senior year isn’t going to change that. I hope he comes back but not counting on it.

While listening to cassette tapes on his Walkman.

When Diamond Stone and money are in the same sentence it's probably not going to have a happy ending.

But it sounds like he's still plugging away down there in the bushes.

He's going to have no choice but to come back.. I guess... that's a good thing... maybe...
If he comes back, as a coach I would tell him he needs to play where he's needed, not where he wants to. If that's not agreeable to him then there's always the bench. If he leaves, thanks for the dunks.

Latest posts