Poll: Most "woke" poster here

Who is the most "woke" poster here?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I must be getting old! I have no idea what "woke" means or if it is good or bad. The world was so much simpler in the days of bogus and radical...

Ummm...shouldn't we all be "woke" by now? I'm assuming Hawkeyeboob believes this is a bad thing.

Woke means being conscious of racial discrimination in society and other forms of oppression and injustice.

Hawk Gold...i voted for me...just so you know.

Here is my spin on this. Why is there a need for a new term? What's wrong with conscientious or enlightened or any number of other perfectly usable words?
I'm not even that old but I feel about this, much like I feel about triggered... it triggers me. There are over 170,000 words in the English language. Aren't there enough already?

Ummm...shouldn't we all be "woke" by now? I'm assuming Hawkeyeboob believes this is a bad thing.

Woke means being conscious of racial discrimination in society and other forms of oppression and injustice.

Had honestly never before heard this term used in that way. I figured it was some new slang word, maybe it is...I don't know but either way. Thanks.

If that's the definition on woke, then everyone over the age of 10 is woke. White supremacists are even woke under that definition.

I must be getting old! I have no idea what "woke" means or if it is good or bad. The world was so much simpler in the days of bogus and radical...

i think being properly "woke" is when you finally admit that you are a horrible person for having been responsible for keeping so many people down. i think. when you take the blame for all the things that have been wrong throughout history, you are woke. i think. when you can finally admit that whatever success you might have had in your life should have gone to someone else and because it didn't, you're an evil person, you are woke. i think.

but you aren't the one getting old. being "woke" is getting old.

Most "woke" people I've encountered seem to see or blame racism in every single situation, even where none exists. Sure, racism exists, but these "woke" people water down the term so much that it makes it difficult to see when real racism actually exists. If racism is everywhere, it becomes nowhere!

Most "woke" people I've encountered seem to see or blame racism in every single situation, even where none exists. Sure, racism exists, but these "woke" people water down the term so much that it makes it difficult to see when real racism actually exists. If racism is everywhere, it becomes nowhere!

That's how I see it. If someone tells me Jill is racist, I dont know if she hates black people or uses tanning beds too frequently.

Latest posts