Poll: If Jim Delaney Was Still The BIG Commissioner Are They Playing Football This Fall?

Poll: If Jim Delaney Was Still The Commissioner Is The BIG Playing This Fall?

• Yes

• No

• Not Sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
I went with not sure as I don't think we'd of call things off as soon as we did, but I think a decision would have been held off as long as possible and maybe even decided a week before competition started. I definitely don't think a schedule would have been released days before the plug got pulled.

All these commissioners know football keeps the lights on at the AD and conference level. I do think we would be moving forward with football because Delany was the first conference commissioner to take the bold steps of building up the conference and AD coffers in the Big Ten (BTN) and he sure as hell would not do anything to wreck what he had built...unless he had concrete and reputable data that showed going to games was a virtual death sentence. That has never and isn't the case so we would be having football.

The University Presidents call the shots at the end of the day. That is fine with me.

Did they or was this a unilateral decision. Where's the transparency? This should be public information if all but one school are public universities. The BIG has been tight lipped about everything.

Did they or was this a unilateral decision. Where's the transparency? This should be public information if all but one school are public universities. The BIG has been tight lipped about everything.

I can’t really answer your very good question with any great authority. But, the U of I president ultimately answers to the Board of Regents. So, I would believe, unless someone more knowledgeable than I can show other facts, that if all of the BT schools decided to play, and BH declined and had the backing of the Board, that would be that. In reality, I would guess the presidents would make a united decision, which would make sense. You are right Melrose. It’s a can of worms.

It doesnt matter. All Universities will be shut down within 3 weeks. No waythe SEC, ACC an Big 12 can justify keeping players on campus when they send everyone else home.

Latest posts