Poll: Fran's defense vs. Lick's offense

Fran's defense vs. Lick's offense

• Fran's D holds them to under 70

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Lick's O hits the 70 point mark

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

99topdawg

Fran's team this year vs. one of Lick's Iowa teams. Don't care which year. They're all the same in my memory bank.

O/U 69.5 points. Who wins, the movable object or the resistible force?

Lick's 2008 team with Kelly, Gatens and Peterson would score 70+ on this team. No question. As someone else once posted: Jake Kelly would score 30 on this team.

Lick's 2008 team with Kelly, Gatens and Peterson would score 70+ on this team. No question. As someone else once posted: Jake Kelly would score 30 on this team.

That was Lick's second year and I'd agree that team beats this years. Lick's first year would have made the most interesting game, they only averaged 56 PPG, but Freeman slashed well and played great defense (I'll never forget his clean pick of Rondo to seal that Kentucky win his own freshman year but that was still Alford), Justin Johnson is a forgotten 3 point guy since we weren't great then but he made a lot of them (2.9 per game that season which is the same as Bohannon this year for comparison), and Cyrus Tate was a 60 percent shooter even undersized who could draw fouls. If you were to come up with the exact skill sets that have been exploited against our D this year, those guys fit the bill. Our current bigs would have their way, but with far less possessions than we get now and better perimeter D on our shooters, it's an interesting toss up.

Lick teams were always the worst teams in the conference. This team has a 75% record against the worst teams in the conference. So I would say there is a 75% chance that Fran's team would win.

Lick wouldn't let his team score 70. You must run the shot clock down below 5 on every possession. It's hard to hit 70 that way.

Lick teams were always the worst teams in the conference. This team has a 75% record against the worst teams in the conference. So I would say there is a 75% chance that Fran's team would win.
You better learn the game and ignore worthless transitive statistics.

The team that plays the better defense wins....... Lick's team wins

Actually, I think the team that has more points at the end wins. Lick's teams never had anyone over 6'9. They would get destroyed in the post as Pemsl and Kriener are better than any of Lick's guys were. Did I mention that we also have Garza, Cook, and Nunge? Dom starts for any of Lick's teams.

IMO the answer is easily "Fran's D holds them under 70". In his 3 years at Iowa, Lickliter's teams averaged 56.1, 60.2, 60.5 points per game. Fran's team this year has scored 70+ in 20 out of 27 games.

This is a true and mind blowing stat: Todd Lickliter's 2007-08 team scored 70+ points ONCE...and that was because of overtime.

Not sure Fran's team would hold Lick's team to under 70, but I think Fran's team wouldn't have much trouble outscoring any of Lick's teams. So I still give the nod to this year's team, but it'd be a real pillow fight.

The only reason Lick's defenses look good was due to pace of play.. Seemed like their defensive efficiency numbers where not good.

There needs to be a third option. While I believe Lick's teams would score below 70, Fran's D isn't HOLDING anyone to under 70 points. Lick and his coaching/recruiting would do that.

The fact that people are arguing over this paints a really sad picture, but that's where Iowa basketball is. :(

Would Fran's defense and Lick's offense combine to make the worst team ever in Iowa? (Barta knows his hoops)

I just found the one scenario in which fans would completely quit coming to games all together. I'd probably even get Barta another extension.

Would Fran's defense and Lick's offense combine to make the worst team ever in Iowa? (Barta knows his hoops)

I'd also venture to say it could possibly make us one of the worst teams ever in the history of the Big 10.