Poll: Fran's defense vs. Lick's offense

Fran's defense vs. Lick's offense

• Fran's D holds them to under 70

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Lick's O hits the 70 point mark

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
Actually, I think the team that has more points at the end wins. Lick's teams never had anyone over 6'9. They would get destroyed in the post as Pemsl and Kriener are better than any of Lick's guys were. Did I mention that we also have Garza, Cook, and Nunge? Dom starts for any of Lick's teams.
If you outscored a team 90-80 you played better defense than the other team

I think the Lick teams were worse than Wisconsin is this year and I think we were noticeably better than Wisconsin.
Another transitive argument that doesn't work. It's all about match ups. Wisconsin is weak where we are, in the back court/athleticism in the back court. Licks teams had athletes in the back court. Lick's teams had some guards.
Peterson - Bohannon = push on offense. Bohannon shooting - Peterson dribble/drive. Edge Peterson on defense.
Gatens - Isaiah Moss = Edge Gatens all the way around.
Kelly - Baer = Big edge Kelly on offense. Edge kelly on defense too. Much better lateral quickness. nearly as long as Baer. Baer is a slightly better at rebounding.
Our current back court couldn't stay in front of that back court. They would score at will in a wide open game. And they had decent reserves in Anthony Tucker and Jermaine Davis. The equalizer would be the front court. And Cyrus Tate/Jaryd Cole were wide bodies, if short. The minute Fran went to his patented 1 guard - 4 forwards line up, That 2008-09 team would slice and dice.
Now, lets compare the 2008-09 conference to this year's. 08-09 had as many as 7 teams crack the top 25 at some point during the season. Had 7 teams in the NCAA tournament. 2 Sweet 16 teams and MSU made the NCAA title game. Right now, it looks like the 17-18 BIG conference will get between 4 and 6 teams into the NCAA tournament. My guess is 5 teams.

Another transitive argument that doesn't work. It's all about match ups. Wisconsin is weak where we are, in the back court/athleticism in the back court. Licks teams had athletes in the back court. Lick's teams had some guards.
Peterson - Bohannon = push on offense. Bohannon shooting - Peterson dribble/drive. Edge Peterson on defense.
Gatens - Isaiah Moss = Edge Gatens all the way around.
Kelly - Baer = Big edge Kelly on offense. Edge kelly on defense too. Much better lateral quickness. nearly as long as Baer. Baer is a slightly better at rebounding.
Our current back court couldn't stay in front of that back court. They would score at will in a wide open game. And they had decent reserves in Anthony Tucker and Jermaine Davis. The equalizer would be the front court. And Cyrus Tate/Jaryd Cole were wide bodies, if short. The minute Fran went to his patented 1 guard - 4 forwards line up, That 2008-09 team would slice and dice.
Now, lets compare the 2008-09 conference to this year's. 08-09 had as many as 7 teams crack the top 25 at some point during the season. Had 7 teams in the NCAA tournament. 2 Sweet 16 teams and MSU made the NCAA title game. Right now, it looks like the 17-18 BIG conference will get between 4 and 6 teams into the NCAA tournament. My guess is 5 teams.

I think you are slightly exaggerating those guards vs the guards now. I think your really underestimating our front court players now vs then too. Cook would score at will on that team.

And was that Gatens freshmen year? I would still give freshmen Gatens the advantage over Moss. But not by that awful much.

I think you are slightly exaggerating those guards vs the guards now. I think your really underestimating our front court players now vs then too. Cook would score at will on that team.

And was that Gatens freshmen year? I would still give freshmen Gatens the advantage over Moss. But not by that awful much.
Gatens numbers are on par with Bohannon's and Gatens is a better defender. Gatens was on the All BIG Freshman team, like Bohannon. Gatens was on his way to First team All BIG. You're seriously telling me that Gatens isn't better than Moss? You're basically saying that Bohannon isn't better than Moss.
Cook would score on that front court....if someone could get him the ball.

Gatens numbers are on par with Bohannon's and Gatens is a better defender. Gatens was on the All BIG Freshman team, like Bohannon. Gatens was on his way to First team All BIG. You're seriously telling me that Gatens isn't better than Moss? You're basically saying that Bohannon isn't better than Moss.
Cook would score on that front court....if someone could get him the ball.

Lol read my last paragraph again and tell me I said Gatens isn't better than Moss.

Lol read my last paragraph again and tell me I said Gatens isn't better than Moss.
Lol. Read my comparison to Gatens/Moss again. I said "Gatens all the way around". How "awful much" did you think I was talking about from that comment?

Lol. Read my comparison to Gatens/Moss again. I said "Gatens all the way around". How "awful much" did you think I was talking about from that comment?
True sorry. When I read it I had in my mind way better because Gatens is way better than Moss. Then I realized we were talking about freshman Gatens and confused my original thoughts with what you wrote.