Points Iowa Needs to beat PSU

NCHawker

Well, PSU will score, probably often, so the question is this - how many points will Iowa need to score to beat PSU this year?

I will say 39 points.

What say you?

Assuming that the pedos are playing well, with few turnovers, penalties, and no high stepping into the endzone;), I would guess Iowa needs to score in the high 30's.

I think given our penchant for long, sustained drives so far this year....which I think we can do against PSU as well....I think 27 will do it. My score prediction is 27-24 Hawks....

I think 24 will do it...if Iowa wins. I don't think they win 44-41 or 14-13. I think, if Iowa wins, it's more like 24-23. Not low scoring (not enough defense), not high scoring (not enough offense).

Well, PSU will score, probably often, so the question is this - how many points will Iowa need to score to beat PSU this year?

I will say 39 points.

What say you?

42 points. The score will be 42 Iowa 34 PSU (just like 1983),

PSU put up 33 on Pitt. I think Iowa's D is better than Pitt's. Both teams will likely get 20-30 points. I'd say Iowa needs 31 to win for sure.

We've averaged 31 in regulation so far...

My prediction is 24-14 good guys. I think the Hawks will be able to run the ball and control the clock hence keeping PSU Off the field. It is my opinion if the hawks are able to control the ball and slow the game down they have a better chance than trying to out score them.

This is hard to figure.....I'm saying 41....could be a free for all. Stanley gets crazy pass protection and picks PSU's defense apart....kid has shown some moxy this year so far

9cybs9q.gif

Latest posts