Please tell me this won't happen!!

Any FBS player that transfers to a FCS school does not have to sit out a season.

You're missing the point that he would have to compete with Kollmorgan who already knows the offense and the players there already have trust in him. CJ would have to learn their offense (which is no easy task to learn a new offense) as well as earn the trust of the team and more importantly the coaches before he'd see the field next year. After next year (when Kollmorgan graduates) he may well be the top QB at UNI, but that would be no different than at Iowa.

Someone I know in the Quad Cities who knows his grandpa, former NFL GM Bobby Beathard, said he's gone after this season.

Would really be a shame and I hope he reconsiders if true. Hope Kirk opens the job up for competition next year, but I think his young man crush on Rudock will prevail.

Is that like "I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."? (with apologies to Mel Brooks!)

And all got into the NFL as QB.
That's a fairly liberal definition of "getting into" the NFL. Banks had less than a week of training camp with the Redskins before getting cut, and I'm almost positive that the closest Chandler ever got to an NFL stadium was buying a ticket.

You're missing the point that he would have to compete with Kollmorgan who already knows the offense and the players there already have trust in him. CJ would have to learn their offense (which is no easy task to learn a new offense) as well as earn the trust of the team and more importantly the coaches before he'd see the field next year. After next year (when Kollmorgan graduates) he may well be the top QB at UNI, but that would be no different than at Iowa.
Kollmorgen is currently a back-up in the FCS. CJ is the best back-up QB in the Big Ten, and maybe the best in all of FBS football. Exactly what makes you think that a competition between the two would even be close? Unlike at Iowa, the coaches at other schools are often able to teach their offensive systems to new players in a relatively short period of time, and several of them are willing to give newcomers and less experienced options an honest and competitive chance to beat out returning veterans. It's shocking, I know.

I hope its not true. But if it is you really cant blame CJ for wanting to go somewhere to get the chance to see the field.

Kollmogren was yanked by UNI midway through the season against South Dakota St. Brion Carnes (a senior) has started every game since.

With Kollmogren, they were 3-4. Carnes is 5-0, including win over ND State. If CJB transferred to UNI (a very big if) he would start next year, no question.

My post wasn't specific to any player or school.

Kollmorgen got yanked as the starter several weeks ago. The transfer from Nebraska starts for them now, and he's a senior. There wouldn't be much of a competition if CJ is involved. Farley knows how to recognize and play his best players.

Oh I see. CJ is gonna show up on campus, let his ponytail out, and just be given the starting job. Cool thx.

Just one question... Who was that kid that transferred from Florida St to Bama this year, who was guarenteed to become the starter, and was gonna throw for like a gajillion yards and 100 TDs, and was gonna win em the national championship? How's he doing so far?

Oh I see. CJ is gonna show up on campus, let his ponytail out, and just be given the starting job. Cool thx.

Just one question... Who was that kid that transferred from Florida St to Bama this year, who was guarenteed to become the starter, and was gonna throw for like a gajillion yards and 100 TDs, and was gonna win em the national championship? How's he doing so far?

I hope that this was meant to be funny because obviously the competition at the #1 program in the country is absolutely nothing like a transferring down to 1aa.

But obviously you were joking.

Last edited:
When a 2nd string player does not get to play as much as message board posters think he should, he's going to transfer. I see.....

Jacob Coker is 38-59, 403 yards, 4 td's, 0 int's and has played in 5 games for Bama. You can't even compare the two situations. Goind from FBS program to FCS program is a bit different from going from FSU to Bama. QB's don't have a hard time learning a new offense if they're any good, it's more of the timing with WR's and TE's.

Jacob Coker is 38-59, 403 yards, 4 td's, 0 int's and has played in 5 games for Bama. You can't even compare the two situations. Goind from FBS program to FCS program is a bit different from going from FSU to Bama. QB's don't have a hard time learning a new offense if they're any good, it's more of the timing with WR's and TE's.

Sure he played… At the beginning of year when they were rotating QB's. It was widely suggested by many analysts during the spring and summer that Coker would waltz into town and take the starting spot and Bama would roll. But if a guy with his talent can't come in and take the starting job, then perhaps it's not as easy as some in here suggest. And I'm not saying there is no drop off from FBS to FCS; there certianly is. I think many are down playing the new offensive system angle. He won't walk onto campus as the starter. He'll have to compete for it. Which brings me back to my original post in this thread... He can go compete for a year, then be the starter for his senior year. What's the difference with what he has at Iowa? (And don't feed me the "Kurt don't play da bestest players" blah blah)

There is no way he transfers. He's the best backup QB in the country and he knows it. What would it say about his intestinal fortitude if he were to run away from competition for the starting job?

Oh I see. CJ is gonna show up on campus, let his ponytail out, and just be given the starting job. Cool thx. Just one question... Who was that kid that transferred from Florida St to Bama this year, who was guarenteed to become the starter, and was gonna throw for like a gajillion yards and 100 TDs, and was gonna win em the national championship? How's he doing so far?
So that one guy that transferred to that one school didn't win the starting job, so CJ would just disappear and never be heard from again? Seems like impeccable logic. BTW, what's Cody Sokol up to these days? I assume he's delivering for Pizza Hut somewhere, you know, since transfer QBs never work out and all.

Latest posts