Please make the black out helmets our permanent lids

I'm not sayin we should. But if we do, keep it glossy and it must include the crackhawk on the side of our dome. I'm serious as jihadi john about this.

9406446763_038e3e7c7e_k.jpg

This is is what you get when southern miss and Missouri have a love child...

Co0H6R6.jpg

This is what they should have been. Add some better font to the numbering and you would have had a much better product for the alt uniform.

Last edited:
I hated when Fry messed with the uniforms in '94. Tried to get it closer to normal in '96. KF brought back the originals. Leave them alone.

Co0H6R6.jpg

This is what they should have been. Add some better font to the numbering and you would have had a much better product for the alt uniform.

This is good. I am still shaking my head at the uni's we saw Saturday night. They looked like Jr. High practice jerseys. I bet the folks at Nike were shaking their heads. This didn't look like an alt Nike product design.

Gotta believe this was pushed by someone in the UI marketing dept. Absolutely zero imagination. They don't have the best track record. Maybe wanted to appease KF by not getting too crazy??

Absolutely not. If we are going to do a throw-back, tribute to the armed services, etc., fine. But we, as much as any college FB team in the country, need not be fiddling around with our helmets, uniforms, etc.

We have a classy team with classy uniforms. And whatever one calls style today is laughed at in a few years. LEAVE IT ALONE!

Most traditional uniforms and helmets are worn by successful programs for many successful seasons. A school like Iowa State, for example, changes uniforms and helmet decals with each change in head coach hoping that will help to make the team successful. Then again, there's the fanbase at the University of Oregon that says let's woo great high school athletes to come to Oregon with a multi-garish uniform and helmet.

The last big 'trends' in change of helmets were the enlargement and change in the 'ferocity' of decals. Still don't know why Iowa got a ferocious turkey, er, Hawkeye on the helmet...I think a winning program gets a high quality recruit to come to a school about as much as anything else.

Last edited: