Playoff or Peach, that's our fate folks

So it's not like the BCS era when the bowls pick?

Not really. There are still conference affiliations with bowls (i.e. Big 10 and Pac 12 with the Rose and SEC with the Sugar), but the committee puts together the matchups when conference tie-ins aren't in play.

This is what I am saying..there has to be some penalty for getting 3rd place in the league, and not winning a division. To me, unless total chaos, they should not move up a single spot anymore if form holds. They have not earned that right to move.
They are sheer eye candy (for ONE game) and that is all it is.

It all comes down to how you perform against MSU. tOSU was beat by 3 points in a game that was freezing cold and poured down rain the entire time. This effectively neutralized tOSU pass game and allowed MSU to cover up the fact they had a back up QB starting. If Iowa gets beat easily versus MSU, what makes Iowa any better than tOSU?

SOS
tOSU - 35th
Iowa - 60th

FPI
tOSU - 3
Iowa - 26

B1G Divisions
East (51-33) superior to West (48-36)
East 3 top 20 teams (AP)
West 2 top 20 teams (AP)

It all comes down to how you perform against MSU. tOSU was beat by 3 points in a game that was freezing cold and poured down rain the entire time. This effectively neutralized tOSU pass game and allowed MSU to cover up the fact they had a back up QB starting. If Iowa gets beat easily versus MSU, what makes Iowa any better than tOSU?

SOS
tOSU - 35th
Iowa - 60th

FPI
tOSU - 3
Iowa - 26

B1G Divisions
East 3 top 20 teams (AP)
West 2 top 20 teams (AP)

Iowa is 2-0 against ranked teams and tOSU is 1-1. Iowa's best win is against a higher ranked team than tOSU's best win. Also, East/West head to head favors West. East and West each have 3 top 25 teams. Anyway, even if the East is equal or slightly better for argument sake, Iowa is the West Champ and hasn't been to the Rose since 1991 so that deserves consideration.

Last edited:

SOS
tOSU - 35th
Iowa - 60th

FPI
tOSU - 3
Iowa - 26

B1G Divisions
East 3 top 20 teams (AP)
West 2 top 20 teams (AP)

OSU Troll.....really, blaming weather conditions? That is pretty lame. It was 25 mph wind and below freezing at Nebby and the Hawks won.
OSU couldn't even win at home???
Yall can take your bags to the ol Peach.

Iowa is 2-0 against ranked teams and tOSU is 1-1. Iowa's best win is against a higher ranked team than tOSU's best win. Also, East/West head to head favors West. East and West each have 3 top 25 teams. Anyway, even if the East is equal or slightly better for argument sake, Iowa is the West Champ and hasn't been to the Rose since 1991 so that deserves consideration.

So you are saying your win against NW is a better win than tOSU against UM? You realize that UM beat Northwestern 38-0? Either way, you could have 2 teams sitting with the same record, so your tie breaker is "We haven't been there in a long time!" Come on, that's just silly. In the end, it has been documented recently that the Rose Bowl will take the highest ranked team at the end of the year and all but confirmed it. We will see how it plays out but like I originally said, it all depends on how you perform in the championship. If it's a close one that comes down to the 4th quarter, similar to what tOSU did with MSU, sure I'm fine with them headed to the Rose Bowl.

OSU Troll.....really, blaming weather conditions? That is pretty lame. It was 25 mph wind and below freezing at Nebby and the Hawks won.
OSU couldn't even win at home???
Yall can take your bags to the ol Peach.

Name calling, nice! I just offered my opinion with the facts that I have. Wasn't making excuses for them, just said that it neutralized our potency and supported their weakness. I was at the Nebraska game, I know what the conditions were like, obviously Tommy had troubles with the conditions (4INTS) but a torrential down pour was not the greatest situation.

SOS
tOSU - 35th
Iowa - 60th

FPI
tOSU - 3
Iowa - 26

B1G Divisions
East 3 top 20 teams (AP)
West 2 top 20 teams (AP)
You are correct. osu is behind Iowa in the standings and can only move up if Iowa loses. So I guess you should sit around Saturday hoping we lose so osu can pull to 1/2 game behind the Hawks.

So you are saying your win against NW is a better win than tOSU against UM? You realize that UM beat Northwestern 38-0? Either way, you could have 2 teams sitting with the same record, so your tie breaker is "We haven't been there in a long time!" Come on, that's just silly. In the end, it has been documented recently that the Rose Bowl will take the highest ranked team at the end of the year and all but confirmed it. We will see how it plays out but like I originally said, it all depends on how you perform in the championship. If it's a close one that comes down to the 4th quarter, similar to what tOSU did with MSU, sure I'm fine with them headed to the Rose Bowl.

Actually Iowa will have one more win than OSU (12-1 to 11-1) and we will have a trophy to go along with that extra win.

I think I said NW is higher ranked than Michigan. NW's win over Stanford is the best non-conference win in all of college football. Anyway, Michigan was playing much better at that point in the season and it was kind of an aberration. The Michigan team tOSU played was the one that needed a TD on the last play of regulation to get to OT with Indiana. Also, the Rose Bowl documents their criteria, not me. Division champ and length of time are two of their considerations. Regardless, Iowa is going to beat MSU so none of this matters.

I think I said NW is higher ranked than Michigan. NW's win over Stanford is the best non-conference win in all of college football. Anyway, Michigan was playing much better at that point in the season and it was kind of an aberration. The Michigan team tOSU played was the one that needed a TD on the last play of regulation to get to OT with Indiana. Also, the Rose Bowl documents their criteria, not me. Division champ and length of time are two of their considerations. Regardless, Iowa is going to beat MSU so none of this matters.

I know they document the criteria, I just wouldn't want to get in based on that rule. Seems arbitrary to me but so is the entire system we use. Soon we will have the days of 8 teams in, 5 conf Champs and 3 at large. 1st games played at the home of the higher ranked team. I hope that day comes sooner rather than later. Regardless, handle your business on Saturday and there will be NO debate.

I hate D'Antonio so I hope we just go out and beat the *&^% out of them. I wish we were healthier going into this thing.

I have no problem playing in the Peach Bowl. It is on par with the Rose Bowl this year (one of the New Year's Six).

It may be 'on par' but not in name and certainly not in status.
Trying to convince someone 10 yrs down the line the Peach Bowl was a top tier bowl game...well good luck with that, they will probably tell you your team went 8-4 to get in.

Latest posts