Playoff or Peach, that's our fate folks

After the year this team has had regardless of what happens Saturday, if we wind up in the frikkin' Peach Bowl I may stop following college football. Our only chance to ever win a national crown will be to go 16-0, and there seems to be no way to EVER get back to the Rose Bowl as long as OSU, Michigan and MSU are in the league. :mad: The Peach is a bowl for 8-4 / 7-5 type teams. Minnesota and Pittsburgh belong there.

After the year this team has had regardless of what happens Saturday, if we wind up in the frikkin' Peach Bowl I may stop following college football. Our only chance to ever win a national crown will be to go 16-0, and there seems to be no way to EVER get back to the Rose Bowl as long as OSU, Michigan and MSU are in the league. :mad: The Peach is a bowl for 8-4 / 7-5 type teams. Minnesota and Pittsburgh belong there.

Going 16-0 would be darn impressive...

I want to play Stanford in the Rose Bowl if things don't work out on Saturday, but I'd gladly take a date with Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl, too. The Peach Bowl itself is fine, but playing Houston or Temple would be a total dud.

I disagree that's it's the Peach if we lose. Here's my logic (assuming "chalk" in the other games above us):

First off, the Sugar will take the Highest ranked Big 12 and SEC teams not in the playoff which will probably be Baylor and Ole Miss.

Second, the Rose will take the highest rated B1G and Pac 12 teams not in the playoff which will be Ohio State and Stanford.

That leaves the Peach and the Fiesta to choose among Iowa, Notre Dame, Florida State and (probably) Houston.

Houston can't go to the Fiesta because a Group of 5 team can't go to the same bowl twice (Boise was in the Fiesta last year against Arizona), so they're going to the Peach. And the committee isn't going to send Florida State all the way across the country to the Fiesta, so FSU will get placed in the Peach as well. That leaves Iowa and ND in the Fiesta.

So in the end, assuming Alabama and Clemson both win, it's actually Fiesta or bust....

I disagree that's it's the Peach if we lose. Here's my logic (assuming "chalk" in the other games above us):

First off, the Sugar will take the Highest ranked Big 12 and SEC teams not in the playoff which will probably be Baylor and Ole Miss.

Second, the Rose will take the highest rated B1G and Pac 12 teams not in the playoff which will be Ohio State and Stanford.

That leaves the Peach and the Fiesta to choose among Iowa, Notre Dame, Florida State and (probably) Houston.

Houston can't go to the Fiesta because a Group of 5 team can't go to the same bowl twice (Boise was in the Fiesta last year against Arizona), so they're going to the Peach. And the committee isn't going to send Florida State all the way across the country to the Fiesta, so FSU will get placed in the Peach as well. That leaves Iowa and ND in the Fiesta.

So in the end, assuming Alabama and Clemson both win, it's actually Fiesta or bust....

Fuzzy logic, but ok....

We either win or its a date with Houston/Temple in the Peach.
And you wont be saying in 10 years "remember that great season we went to the Peach Bowl!"

It's not fuzzy at all.... FSU isn't getting placed in Glendale...it just ain't happening. And since the Group of 5 can't go to the Fiesta, that leaves Iowa and ND in the Fiesta...

Iowa fans always travel well. We haven't been to the Rose since 91 and not once to the Fiesta. Those front offices will seriously consider us and the amount of money IA fans would bring to their cities. I could see Iowa bringing 30,000+ plus fans to both of those bowls. But we'll most likely be playing Clemson in the Cotton Bowl

If this team misses the playoffs, they need to win whatever bowl game they end up playing. Finishing with a win very important for the team and the program going forward.

In the unlikely event that we fail to win, the Fiesta vs. Notre Dame would be my choice.

Screw the Rose Bowl. LA is a fking nightmare.

Why do people think we can't make the Rose in the unlikely event we don't win? The Rose Bowl has sole discretion and will consider division champions and last Rose Bowl appearance (as well as rankings). Iowa is division champ and hasn't been to the Rose Bowl in about 25 years. That being said, I'm good with the Fiesta against ND to.

3. The Rose Bowl Game has sole discretion on a replacement team, and will generally select the highest‐rated available team, but will takeinto consideration final College Football Playoff rankings, head‐to‐head competition, division champions and most recent Rose BowlGame appearances.

Why do people think we can't make the Rose in the unlikely event we don't win? The Rose Bowl has sole discretion and will consider division champions and last Rose Bowl appearance. Iowa is division champ and hasn't been to the Rose Bowl in about 25 years. That being said, I'm good with the Fiesta against ND to.

3. The Rose Bowl Game has sole discretion on a replacement team, and will generally select the highest‐rated available team, but will takeinto consideration final College Football Playoff rankings (Ohio State will have the edge in the event that Iowa loses Saturday), head‐to‐head competition (not applicable), division champions (Iowa has the edge) and most recent Rose BowlGame appearances (Iowa has the edge here, but OSU has also only been to Pasadena once since 1997; that could be a factor).

If we are not in the playoff we will still be in a major bowl game against a great opponent. I don't care if it's in Atlanta, Tempe or Pasadena. Bring it on!

Latest posts