Playoff or Peach, that's our fate folks

HawksMN

So excited yet so po'd as well. A win gets the Hawks a chance at cfb nirvana. A loss gets us a damn crappy bowl game against Temple or Houston. Don't get me wrong I love chick fil a, but not their bowl game.

I should be just plain ecstatic at this point, but yet I have this inner anger over the whole deal too.

I wouldn't be so sure. If MSU wins they're in, but if Clemson or Alabama slip up in their conference championship game tOSU would very possibly jump them and make the playoff leaving us with the Rose Bowl.

I wouldn't call the Peach Bowl a crappy bowl game. But yeah I don't want to play Houston or Temple.

I wouldn't be so sure. If MSU wins they're in, but if Clemson or Alabama slip up in their conference championship game tOSU would very possibly jump them and make the playoff leaving us with the Rose Bowl.

Hoping OSU gets into the playoffs so we could go Rose, well it feels just dirty...

Atlanta is a nice town, but in no way has a good ambiance during bowl week.
The city, itself, is just South Detroit, except you don't have snow outside during the bowl game, you have ice.
The Coca-Cola Factory is nice. Stone Mountain is nice, but downtown Atlanta?!

Fiesta, Rose, Sugar, Cotton and Orange are much better bowls with much better ambiance, during bowl week.

CBS thinks we still go to the Rose if we lose. I suppose some of it might depend on how competitive the game is. I just plan on winning the game so I'm not too worried about it.

could just as easily end up in Fiesta against Notre Dame

playoffs: MSU, Clem, Bama, Okie
Rose: Ohio St, Stan
Sugar: Bay/Ok St/TCU, Ole Miss/FL
Peach: temple/Houston, FL St
Fiesta: Iowa, Notre Dame

Palm has Ohio State playing Houston in the Fiesta Bowl.
I do see most sites having Iowa going to the Rose Bowl, but don't trust these at all.
Last year, when the announcements were flowing in, it looked like we were playing Florida in the Gator Bowl, last year, but then it changed to Tennessee.

Same people predicting Iowa to the Rose Bowl are the same people who jumped on the Les Miles is getting fired bandwagon.

It will be Fiesta vs ND no matter what else happens in other games if Iowa loses ( which ain't happening). OSU to Rose bowl, which I could personally care less about (I know, I know).

Looking around the country, even with the negative talk, Iowa has been a focal point all year and would be a more appealing matchup for ND than anyone left including Baylor OK st.

Let's see how many hawk fans are in Indy for the game and just in Indy for the festivities. If it is 60000 or even 40000 the Rose Bowl could take the hawks.

If hawks lose a close game they wont drop far and the Rose could use their extraordinary circumstances to take Iowa or OSU who lost a divisional game and didnt win their division.

Let's see how many hawk fans are in Indy for the game and just in Indy for the festivities. If it is 60000 or even 40000 the Rose Bowl could take the hawks.

If hawks lose a close game they wont drop far and the Rose could use their extraordinary circumstances to take Iowa or OSU who lost a divisional game and didnt win their division.

This is what I would hope would happen. I agree though getting beat down on Sat would relegate the Hawks to the leftovers.

Whats BS is how pretty Ohio State is sitting right now. They're not even in the B1G title game and their "worst case scenario" is pretty much the Rose Bowl.

how the F*** does that make sense?

Whats BS is how pretty Ohio State is sitting right now. They're not even in the B1G title game and their "worst case scenario" is pretty much the Rose Bowl.

This is what I am saying..there has to be some penalty for getting 3rd place in the league, and not winning a division. To me, unless total chaos, they should not move up a single spot anymore if form holds. They have not earned that right to move.
They are sheer eye candy (for ONE game) and that is all it is.

Talking about what consolation bowl we aren't going to have to worry about anyways is loser talk. Stop doing it.

No way in **** OSU gets in and isn't even division OR Conference Champ

It's called the "eye" test lol

Latest posts