Players Meeting

It is a message board IPA. Don't take things you don't like on here so personal. :) I don't always complain, just people like you who wait to pounce on those that post something negative or that don't align with how you see it. I see something I don't like I post, that is what a message board forum is for right. Have a great day. IPA.

You also probably think this team is real deep, don't you? Well they are not.. This is a good team right now but if Fran can dial up a good rotation shorten the bench to 8 players this team can make a serious run.. That is a FACT..

What in my post made you think I took anything personal?

And why not respond to the FACTS that I showed in my last post? Because they didnt find your little "Fran is using his bench too much" narrative?

And the only people I argue with on here are the people who complain over and over and over and over again? You are at the point where Fran did last night what you have been asking for the entire conference season and you still somehow whine about it.

What in my post made you think I took anything personal?

And why not respond to the FACTS that I showed in my last post? Because they didnt find your little "Fran is using his bench too much" narrative?

And the only people I argue with on here are the people who complain over and over and over and over again? You are at the point where Fran did last night what you have been asking for the entire conference season and you still somehow whine about it.

We differ in views IPA. Shorten the minutes is fine and dandy. Shortening the bench in my terms is reducing participation from 11 or 12 players to 8 and getting a more set and refined rotation pattern together. We didn't see that again last night. Hope that clears things up for you..

I'm not arguing with you. I have my views you have yours. It's a message board and your not going to change how I use this message board.

I love Iowa Sport I travel this great country to watch the Hawks Play. I have a passion that is clearly different then yours. I don't see myself as negative, like you always seem to want to point out.

You guys seriously make up so many excuses or find new ways to blame things on Fran. Fact of the matter is Minny was on FIRE tonight shooting and we played poorly defensively. We had an above average offensive night but struggled late. Story of the game was Minny not missing. This team was due for a BAD loss and it received it. Move on and quit overreacting.
You know, after about the 8th made 3, Iowa could have gone to a man-to-man defense. At least, that way the midget from Minnesota would have had much more difficulties getting off his shot (even If the defender was Gesell).

We differ in views IPA. Shorten the minutes is fine and dandy. Shortening the bench in my terms is reducing participation from 11 or 12 players to 8 and getting a more set and refined rotation pattern together. We didn't see that again last night. Hope that clears things up for you..

I'm not arguing with you. I have my views you have yours. It's a message board and your not going to change how I use this message board.

I love Iowa Sport I travel this great country to watch the Hawks Play. I have a passion that is clearly different then yours. I don't see myself as negative, like you always seem to want to point out.

Im not asking you to change how you use this message board.

Me= glass half full

You= glass half empty

Cheers.

Having coached 29 years I agree somewhat with you. Yes the guys need to bring it every possession. However, this staff puts these guys in difficult situations and no rhyme or reason why. I love the things Fran has brought back to Iowa...but come on. The PG position must remain solid regardless...and he screws around with that more then any other. We take Mike out again and start offense/defense subbing him out...MISTAKE. It just makes me sick to my stomach watching some of the changes this staff makes. I have said enough...

I agree here. I have coached many years as well. What I find the most troublesome is the zone defense scheme(if we can call it one). There is terrible communication, 2 guys guarding the ball, and too much following the ball. I can't even follow what they are trying to do.
I am 100% behind Fran and love what he has done with the program. It seems to me he would benefit from finding a true defensive minded assistant coach.

Last edited:
I agree here. I have coached many years as well. What I find the most troublesome is the zone defense scheme(if we can call it one). There is terrible communication, 2 guys guarding the ball, and too much following the ball. I can't even follow what they are trying to do.
I am 100% behind Fran and love what he has done with the program. It seems to me he would benefit from finding a true defensive minded assistant coach.

IMO This is what happens when your running so many different lineup combinations. Saw a couple new ones last night. Example: Clemmons and Gessel on the court at the same time for a stretch last night in the 2nd half.

I'm strictly staying on topic with all I explained was my view of things and you keep jabbing at me and saying things like you crack me up, you= Half empty Glass and all you do is come here to complain. What is the point of it all IPA? Just move on.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/site-feedback/63918-rude-disrespectful-posters.html

Im not jabbing at you, that is my opinion of how I view our opinions that are expressed on this website. I never see a lot of positive comments coming from you, sorry if that isnt the case.

You arent going to change the way I use this message board, Prdatr40.

I can't believe everyone is forgetting Melsahn didn't play in either game by my calculation 8 points and 8 Reb is a pretty big loss and he's a senior.

Im not jabbing at you, that is my opinion of how I view our opinions that are expressed on this website. I never see a lot of positive comments coming from you, sorry if that isnt the case.

You arent going to change the way I use this message board, Prdatr40.[/QUO

You joined in November. I've been posting on JM sites for over 10 years. You must gloss over them, I will just say this my passion for the Hawks may come off negative but that is not intended in that manner..

Fact is Fran doing awesome job but with anyone there are things he can do better IMO. Is that negative no and if he proves me wrong than great. Go Hawks!!

Let me ask you does the below post come off negative to you?

Today, 02:57 PM

HawkPrdatr40
user-online.png

HN LegendJoin DateOct 2009LocationOwatonna, MNPosts5,779

Re: Has the program lost momentum?

Quite the opposite OP. The Iowa Program is great position right now and IMO is gaining momentum.. I have nothing to complain about here.

As for what is happening on the court, IMO Fran has to shore somethings up and if that happens LOOK OUT!!​

You arent going to change the way I use this message board, Prdatr40.[/QUO

You joined in November. I've been posting on JM sites for over 10 years. You must gloss over them, I will just say this my passion for the Hawks may come off negative but that is not intended in that manner..

Fact is Fran doing awesome job but with anyone there are things he can do better IMO. Is that negative no and if he proves me wrong than great. Go Hawks!!

Let me ask you does the below post come off negative to you?

Today, 02:57 PM

HawkPrdatr40
user-online.png

HN LegendJoin DateOct 2009LocationOwatonna, MNPosts5,779

Re: Has the program lost momentum?
Quite the opposite OP. The Iowa Program is great position right now and IMO is gaining momentum.. I have nothing to complain about here.

As for what is happening on the court, IMO Fran has to shore somethings up and if that happens LOOK OUT!!​

Mostly positive but there is a little bit of negativity in there. And I never said you never post anything positive, you just dont do it very often.

And I have been around for a lot longer than 3 or 4 months.

See I find nothing negative in that post. All about perspective and interpretation. We view things in a different light and that is okay.

Take care IPA! Go Hawks!

IMO This is what happens when your running so many different lineup combinations. Saw a couple new ones last night. Example: Clemmons and Gessel on the court at the same time for a stretch last night in the 2nd half.

Very good point! Though if your system is sound that should not impact it to the point you give up 95 points to a team that normally scores below 50. This is where I wish I could be a fly on the wall for practices and see the time spent on the zone and what learning points are being shown.

Latest posts