PLAYERS LOSS

McNutt7gets6

Coaching was not the problem today. KOK could have called a full back dive on every play and we still should have beat MN - lack of heart, effort and physical play by the players on both sides of the ball cost us a win today. One team showed up to play and one didn't (although I'll give DJK a pass - great effort by him). We've got to start questioning the hearts of these players - especially the seniors.

You have to look at the reasons for the lack of heart. KF enabled, allowed, and has practically incited the quit in this team. I have posted my reasons in other posts.

I don't like to put the blame on effort but it's hard not to put a lot of the owness on the players this week. That being said, playcalling and not tweaking the defense again was a factor. Defensive injuries have been awful this year and that even makes my point more...our schemes are based on execution, when you don't have the players you need, you have to try something else. THe "bend" defense hasn't bothered me as much as others, but this year they "broke" as well, some of that not having the best personell, yes. but teams have learned how to handle this now, every opposing coach, player, and the media says it every week.

You have to look at the reasons for the lack of heart. KF enabled, allowed, and has practically incited the quit in this team. I have posted my reasons in other posts.

That might be a stretch but it is true that a team is usually a reflection of the coach and staff. What year was it that KF got his last raise and extension. Just curious. He doesn't seem to have the edge he used to.

Yeah it was KF's fault that Coker fumbled the ball in the 4th...

You can blame this one on the players but the reason we were in this situation at all is the coaches fault. I think the players quit on the coaches today but i cant say they didnt have it coming

Yeah it was KF's fault that Coker fumbled the ball in the 4th...

There is no reason that this game should have come down to the fourth quarter This was the first big tem game that Minn. scored first. they had only 2 wins. we should have beat them by at least 30 points. But we let them get ahead and then couldn't put them away when we got the lead. for the first time in a long time I am embarrassed to be a fan of Iowa football.

If the team plays the way the should have played, trying not to go out as one of most dissappointing teams in the last 15-20 years for not living up to expectations, then Cokers fumble is a non-issue. Be nice to give them schemes that try to help overcome weaknesses rather than go down with the ship every week using old principles that don't work without the right personel.

After the Michigan State game, something happened, we don't know what it was, but from that point on they have not been the same team. Lack of effort, lack of focus?

They got lucky at Indiana, fell apart in Chicago, tried to rebound against OSU and today the fell to the worst team in the Big Ten. A total team downslide.

Koepple was an absolute disaster the last few games. If you haven't developed a better lineman than him with all the linemen on your roster, you are not much of a line coach.

Just blaming the players is ridiculious sorry not biting on that as the only reason. No way no how. This team is one dropped ball from being 6-6. 6-6 are you kidding me.. WOW!!!

The past has shown that our systems can work and we've had shots in every game. At some point the players have to step up and say we aren't going to lost....they have to want to go make the play and follow up and do it. Throughout the season we really haven't seen that will to step up and make the play when it's needed and that has resulted in 5 loses.

One play can win a game, but one play can't lose a game. I sure hope you are not blaming a freshman for this loss or this incredibly disappointing season.

Especially when he and DJK looked like the only guys who came to play today.

Latest posts