Players, Coaches Say Transfer Wave Over

We can ***** about having a staff that has the worst 3 year run EVER in the history of Iowa basketball. The great part is they all come back....and the conference is even better next year!!!

We can ***** about having a staff that has the worst 3 year run EVER in the history of Iowa basketball. The great part is they all come back....and the conference is even better next year!!!
Loess

I think it is time for you to take a break from Iowa basketball and from posting anything for a while! You posts have no value other than to be negative. I have no problem with differing opinions as long as you can provide some back up other than "I have coached for a long time".

Loess

I think it is time for you to take a break from Iowa basketball and from posting anything for a while! You posts have no value other than to be negative. I have no problem with differing opinions as long as you can provide some back up other than "I have coached for a long time".

??? What he is saying is factual and non-argumentative, why would he need to take a break??? We have had the worst 3 year stretch in Iowa basketball history. That's not stretching the truth, spinning or making up statistics, its a fact.

I hope that no other players leave the program and that's the truth but the fact of the matter is no one should be surprised if some do. Which is kind of sad.

??? What he is saying is factual and non-argumentative, why would he need to take a break??? We have had the worst 3 year stretch in Iowa basketball history. That's not stretching the truth, spinning or making up statistics, its a fact.

I hope that no other players leave the program and that's the truth but the fact of the matter is no one should be surprised if some do. Which is kind of sad.

He's saying that the guy could be positive at least a little bit of the time. I'm generally optimistic about this team's future, but I'll also be negative every now and again. It's not productive to be ONLY positive or ONLY negative all the time. If you're ALWAYS positive, no matter what, you overlook problems that need to be fixed. If you're ALWAYS negative, you're going to overlook successes and fix something that isn't broken.

I really don't know the point of writing an article like this. What are the players/coaches supposed to say? Not saying anyone will transfer, but who would announce it at this point?

I think the article has value. I believe Payne said that the players "all laugh" at the rumors about transferring (or something like that) and that they're like brothers who want to turn the program around.

Now, it's not a slam dunk nobody will transfer but I feel better now about the chance that they all stay. Plus Fuller pretty much said he wasn't leaving.

I think the fact that it looks better for Hawk BBall fans has value and a point to it.

When thinking about issues like this I think it's important to look at the big picture....

The only thing that indicates massive transfers at the end of the season are anonymous message board posts from people with various alleged connections to the program.

On the other hand we have several things that run contrary to the idea several people will be transferring. The team plays hard each and every game and despite having a horrific season no one looks to have mailed it in. The only thing players seem frustrated with is loosing. From all accounts this team itself is exceptionally close. At least one player who left has expressed regret (or at the very least had second thoughts) about doing so. No one appears upset or confused about thier playing time. No matter who you ask in the program the answer always seems to be something like "we feel like we are turning the corner/getting better and we look forward to the future". Everyone (including coaches and players) are on record as saying no one is going anywhere.

When you spell it all out it seems pretty obvious that the vast majority of evidence supports the though that most (if not all) the team will be back for next year.

Random question... this quote un quote transfer wave.. how much of that is attributed to Iowa's Coaching staff panicking and just offering guys scholarships to fill seats on the bench? Maybe they need to start taking Character into account

"He's saying that the guy could be positive at least a little bit of the time. I'm generally optimistic about this team's future, but I'll also be negative every now and again. It's not productive to be ONLY positive or ONLY negative all the time. If you're ALWAYS positive, no matter what, you overlook problems that need to be fixed. If you're ALWAYS negative, you're going to overlook successes and fix something that isn't broken."

Agreed. Loess is a good Hawk fan, but I tire of his posts as well. If someone tries to post something positive, he seems to find the need to say something negative.

"He's saying that the guy could be positive at least a little bit of the time. I'm generally optimistic about this team's future, but I'll also be negative every now and again. It's not productive to be ONLY positive or ONLY negative all the time. If you're ALWAYS positive, no matter what, you overlook problems that need to be fixed. If you're ALWAYS negative, you're going to overlook successes and fix something that isn't broken."

Agreed. Loess is a good Hawk fan, but I tire of his posts as well. If someone tries to post something positive, he seems to find the need to say something negative.

+ 1

I for one am hoping that Lickliter at least gets a chance at coaching a full roster next year without losing a bunch of guys and having to start over again. At least we would have a fighting chance to have a decent team next year.

As far as the article goes, I guess I am willing to take the players at their word. Yeah, I know that last year Jake Kelly said he wasn't going anywhere, and then it was adios. So I try to take stuff with a grain of salt. Someone could be planning to transfer and is keeping it to himself rather than blabbing to teammates, etc. Who knows. But until I hear anything otherwise, I am assuming for now that nobody is leaving.

[As far as the article goes, I guess I am willing to take the players at their word. Yeah, I know that last year Jake Kelly said he wasn't going anywhere, and then it was adios. So I try to take stuff with a grain of salt. Someone could be planning to transfer and is keeping it to himself rather than blabbing to teammates, etc. Who knows. But until I hear anything otherwise, I am assuming for now that nobody is leaving.[/QUOTE]

After Kelly announced he was transferring, I went back and reread his statement. It was somthing along the lines of "I thought about leaving, but I'm here", which in retrospect wasn't a flat out denial he was transferring. I'm willing to cut Kelly a lot of slack because it seems he's still conflicted about whether he should have transferred or not.

I was glad to read the article. Sure, as has been posted by many, you could argue that this is nothing we haven't heard before.
However, there has been a lot of chatter this season about certain players being unhappy. I think it can only be a positive that the players are looking toward the future as a group rather than individuals.

Now, let's just hope for a similar article after the season is over.

Im not worried at all i think that they will all stay. I like these group of kids alot I think we can attend for the big ten title next year GO HAWKS

They will probably be attending the B10 championship game this year if they get to stay the whole weekend. Do they stick around or head back home after being defeated? Never really thought of that before.
-Greg

I didn't curse...why the ******** Nothing in there is not backed up by hard cold facts. I have wrote a rather extensive view on Coach Lick and his history...all factual and why I think he is sinking. So I don't just say I coached....

Ok I get it...I will tone it down...I just feel that we are slipping further into the abyss and waiting for another year only gets us deeper. I will be the first guy to root for the hawks...I will be rooting them on Thursday night...like I always do...sorry guys!:eek:

Latest posts