Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Dailey 6 PPG

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Kriener or Pemsl 5 PPG

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • McCaff 4 PPG

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
I don't want to curb your enthusiasm, but Adam Woodbury was a higher rated recruit than JW.

If Woody would have committed as a freshman he wouldn't have been. And I was never that down on Woody. He was a 4 year starter on the one of the winningest 4 year stretches in iowa history. Either way tho, the only way Wieskamp doesn't go down as an all time great is if he has injuries or leaves to the NBA after one year.

How does no one have Nunge on the over?? Dude averaged 6ppg last year as he was figuring things out. I know he's in a logjam on the roster, but my bet is on the cream rising with Wieskamp freeing him up to play more in his natural position at the 4. I could see him supplanting Garza in the starting lineup with his athleticism and putting Cook at the 5.

Wieskamp as a top 25 recruit that got the downgrade for committing to iowa. I'd wager he outscored Moss this year. He's a better ball handler than Moss, more aggressive than Moss, a better slasher than Moss, and has a higher basketball IQ than Moss. My only question is if he is a better shooter. No way I'm pumping my breaks on the best recruit we've landed since I've followed recruiting. Especially since he's the most athletic guard we've had since AH.

You all know Fran tells his shooters to openly seek shots. I think Joe will go for the throat, at least in the non-conf. part of the schedule. If his shots start to fall and he plays well and his conficedence rises...

I don't want to curb your enthusiasm, but Adam Woodbury was a higher rated recruit than JW.
I see Joe ranked higher on Rivals and Woody ranked higher on 247. Pretty close overall.

Anyways, although I don’t have the stats I’d bet the farm that guys with that 7 number before the feet sign tend to be overrated at a far higher clip than wings and guards do.

Last edited:
How does no one have Nunge on the over?? Dude averaged 6ppg last year as he was figuring things out. I know he's in a logjam on the roster, but my bet is on the cream rising with Wieskamp freeing him up to play more in his natural position at the 4. I could see him supplanting Garza in the starting lineup with his athleticism and putting Cook at the 5.

I'd approve of Nunge at the 4, but its a hell of a logjam in the froncourt. If you figure Cook is gonna get 30 minutes and Garza is gonna get 25 minutes...that leaves you with around 25 minutes to go around between Kriener/Pemsl/Nunge. So barring foul trouble Nunge will have to play some at the 3...which then he competes for time with Wieskamp and Baer.

I am still high on Nunge and he could easily beat 7 PPG, but to me his time to shine will be next year when Cook is gone.

I'd approve of Nunge at the 4, but its a hell of a logjam in the froncourt. If you figure Cook is gonna get 30 minutes and Garza is gonna get 25 minutes...that leaves you with around 25 minutes to go around between Kriener/Pemsl/Nunge. So barring foul trouble Nunge will have to play some at the 3...which then he competes for time with Wieskamp and Baer.

I am still high on Nunge and he could easily beat 7 PPG, but to me his time to shine will be next year when Cook is gone.

Certainly next year he'll have a chance. But I don't think it benefits us to have anyone on the floor much over 25 minutes. If you're giving it your all on both ends of the court, I don't think you can make it much past that mark without being in superhuman shape anyway. I am hopeful he will carve out a role this year, because that would spell very good things for our team.

Update as of 12/10

Cook over 16 (16.6 PPG)
Garza under 16 (12.0 PPG)
Bohannon under 14 (9.9 PPG)
Moss under 12 (8.4 PPG)
Weiskamp over 10 (10.1 PPG)
Nunge NA
Baer over 6 (7.3 PPG)
Dailey under 6 (3.7 PPG)
Kriener under 5 (4.6 PPG)
Pemsl NA
McCaffery over 4 (8.1 PPG)