PLAY THE FRESHMEN

Noway and nohow am I suggesting we throw in the towel on the season even though there have been a few times (Creighton and Campbell games) that I've thought about it, however, Gabe, Josh, and Mr White need to play extended minutes. Period. All three have shown very encouraging signs at times, especially Josh and Aaron, so, let's let them play! Ask yourself what exactly do we have to lose?

Noway and nohow am I suggesting we throw in the towel on the season even though there have been a few times (Creighton and Campbell games) that I've thought about it, however, Gabe, Josh, and Mr White need to play extended minutes. Period. All three have shown very encouraging signs at times, especially Josh and Aaron, so, let's let them play! Ask yourself what exactly do we have to lose?

sorry to disagree, but fran will play them when they have earned it, last yr Baasbe proved himself over the yr by working hard and playing well, rewarding freshman when they havent earned it can be a receipe for disaster.

Even more games. I think they will play sufficient minutes to guarantee development.

SirJamAlot (great name by the way!). I agree 100%. My point is I think Josh and Aaron have both earned the opportunity up to this point.

SirJamAlot (great name by the way!). I agree 100%. My point is I think Josh and Aaron have both earned the opportunity up to this point.

their offensive skills are more developed then most of the upperclassroom that Lick recruited, but they both need to get stronger, quicker and gain experience. Fran hates to lose and will bring them along patiently

I wouldnt call 16 minutes a game "extended minutes". I'm talking about giving Josh and Aaron 20+ minutes a game. My gut tells me their productivity would outweigh their freshman mistakes.

So four more minutes per game is going to make all the difference? I think the amount of time the freshmen are getting is about right.

There will be nights they get more minutes, and some they may get less.

You play Gabe, Josh, and White more minutes and you won't get to 10 wins this year. You play your best players and those 3 aren't your best players.

Sioux34, not sure where you read that I said it would make all the difference? You also apparently missed the "+" after the "20" in my prior post. In the case of Josh and Aaron, both are very close already to being every bit as good (if not better) than kids currently ahead of them on the depth chart, they simply lack experience. We are going nowhere real quickly with some of our upper classmen, hence, let's play the freshman and let them gain valuable experience before the BIG schedule begins.

I wouldnt call 16 minutes a game "extended minutes". I'm talking about giving Josh and Aaron 20+ minutes a game. My gut tells me their productivity would outweigh their freshman mistakes.

I hope our coach isn't making decisions based off of his "gut" if so I want a new one.

I hope our coach isn't making decisions based off of his "gut" if so I want a new one.
I think gut is a bad world, but I bet there are times where coaches, Fran included coach from their instincts which many would consider your gut(s).

I definitely would get Gabe more minutes. What is with Oglesby poor free throw shooting? Was he a poor ft shooter in high school?