Pitt, Syracuse apply to join ACC ranks, source says - ESPN

I know the big ten is sitting back and watching....but who and when will the big ten pick up teams

Missouri & Kansas will be the two teams added to the Big10(12). It would not shock me one bit to see ISU and K-State added should 16 teams be the norm.

ND isn't going to join a conference. They are perfectly fine as long as the BCS gives them them the gift of automatic invite.

A&M is headed to the SEC.

Oklahoma and Ok St will go West and join the Pac12. Texas and TTech will likely head west as well. Baylor is going to get screwed, they know it, which is why they are fighting A&M to the SEC.

Other teams that could potentially be relegated to mid-tier conferences: ISU & K-State

Last edited:
Missouri & Kansas will be the two teams added to the Big10(12). It would not shock me one bit to see ISU and K-State added should 16 teams be the norm.

ND isn't going to join a conference. They are perfectly fine as long as the BCS gives them them the gift of automatic invite.

If 16 team super conferences do come about there is no way ISU and K-State are in the Big Ten.

Notre Dame will have to take one of the spots because their special treatment will be over with the super conferences as you will see a playoff replace the BCS system and to be part of the playoff you will need to be in one of the 16 team conferences.

Oklahoma and Ok St will go West and join the Pac12. Texas and TTech will likely head west as well. Baylor is going to get screwed, they know it, which is why they are fighting A&M to the SEC.

Other teams that could potentially be relegated to mid-tier conferences: ISU & K-State

ESPN reporting ISU and Baylor in talks with Big East

No way does ND remain an independent if all of this happens. They had a lot of younger boosters seeing the writing on the wall last summer.

Missouri & Kansas will be the two teams added to the Big10(12). It would not shock me one bit to see ISU and K-State added should 16 teams be the norm.ND isn't going to join a conference. They are perfectly fine as long as the BCS gives them them the gift of automatic invite.
If 16 team super conferences do come about there is no way ISU and K-State are in the Big Ten. Notre Dame will have to take one of the spots because their special treatment will be over with the super conferences as you will see a playoff replace the BCS system and to be part of the playoff you will need to be in one of the 16 team conferences.

no way does ISU & K State get an invite. They bring nothing but another mouth to feed.

If the report about Pitt and Syr to ACC are accurate then ISU and Baylor's move to the BEast ends up being little more than a life raft. BEast could even lose its AQ status eventually.

I could see ISU, ND, MU, and a northeast team

would be a good geographic fit and there is some history with different teams in the big10 already.

MU and Nebraska would compete for who best represents the phrase, "Only in this conference for sports, sorry about our academics"

Missouri is an option. ISU, KSU and Kansas are non-starters. No TV markets, tiny fanbases (sub-50k stadiums), no National fan interest.

It's all about ND and eastern TV markets.

no way does ISU & K State get an invite. They bring nothing but another mouth to feed.

If the report about Pitt and Syr to ACC are accurate then ISU and Baylor's move to the BEast ends up being little more than a life raft. BEast could even lose its AQ status eventually.

they bring plenty brah. just not huge/new markets.

in every single way other than football, ISU has more to bring the bigten than that turd nebraska who got let in last year

in every single way other than football, ISU has more to bring the bigten than that turd nebraska who got let in last year

yeah brah. domination in volleyball and women's basketball.....along with sports facilities that showcase crumbling concrete. one stop shopping=isu.

no way does ISU & K State get an invite. They bring nothing but another mouth to feed.If the report about Pitt and Syr to ACC are accurate then ISU and Baylor's move to the BEast ends up being little more than a life raft. BEast could even lose its AQ status eventually.
they bring plenty brah. just not huge/new markets. in every single way other than football, ISU has more to bring the bigten than that turd nebraska who got let in last year

ISU>Neb......Are you serious?

Not being mentioned is the fact that the reporting has started tieing ISU & Baylor together in this game of musical chairs. Very bad sign for ISU.

yeah brah. domination in volleyball and women's basketball.....along with sports facilities that showcase crumbling concrete. one stop shopping=isu.

considering the big ten has a member that doesnt compete in athletics and is strictly a part of the conference academically, I would think ISU's grant dolla dolla bills would be fairly lucrative.

ISU is better athletically and has equal or better facilities than a third of the existing big ten.

A great engineering school, well-fed coeds, and...?

The revenue matters, "brah".

In all seriousness, it has to be horrifying for ISU, Missou and the Kansases to see the Big East life raft spring a giant leak.

A great engineering school, high average weight of coeds, and...?

The revenue matters, "brah".

In all seriousness, it has to be horrifying for ISU, Missou and the Kansases to see the Big East life raft spring a giant leak.

brah.

I didnt say the revenue and markets didnt matter.

"what can you do for us" aside, ISU would be a great fit

thanks brah

Yeah none of those teams you mentioned will be added to the B10. Good try though champ.

Latest posts