Pitt, Syracuse apply to join ACC ranks, source says - ESPN

ISU could shut down all athletics and focus on it core mission of acedemics. Only then would it make sense to allow them into the B10 and CIC.

How about comparing Pitt to ISU?

A better school, with a bigger fanbase, in a higher population area. Pitt would get an invite over ISU. If the B10 was going to add a school "in market," it would be Pitt, not ISU. But they'll bring in neither, as they don't bring in new TV markets.

With Pitt and Syracuse likely going to the ACC along with possibly two other Big East teams the Big Ten loses all its targets on the East coast and the addition of Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, and Iowa State actually starts to make more sense because they all fit extremely well and the rivalries are already their and rivalries are what make college football special and it solidifies the Midwest as Big Ten Country. I know i'm gonna get shot down for that but it actually makes a lot of sense.

With Pitt and Syracuse likely going to the ACC along with possibly two other Big East teams the Big Ten loses all its targets on the East coast and the addition of Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, and Iowa State actually starts to make more sense because they all fit extremely well and the rivalries are already their and rivalries are what make college football special and it solidifies the Midwest as Big Ten Country. I know i'm gonna get shot down for that but it actually makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, that makes sense since Iowa's BTN take would go from 22.5m/yr to 17m/yr. Woopee.

With? Pitt and Syracuse likely going to the ACC along with possibly two other Big East teams the Big Ten loses all its targets on the East coast and the addition of Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, and Iowa State actually starts to make more sense because they all fit extremely well and the rivalries are already their and rivalries are what make college football special and it solidifies the Midwest as Big Ten Country. I know i'm gonna get shot down for that but it actually makes a lot of sense.

Its all about the money. The per school take in the B10 is so high only a dozen or so schools make economic sense. More than half of those dozen are already in viable conferences and wont leave them.

B10 make money via FB inventory, ratings, and cable revenue. Every addition must bring in $22M to make the list. That limit the field to teams in large markets (ratings and cable) or successful programs with a large following (ratings and inventory). Few schools bring this to the table. ND and Texas do, ISU and Kansas dont. Nothing else matters.

ND isn't going to join a conference. They are perfectly fine as long as the BCS gives them them the gift of automatic invite.

I think you are wrong. If the Big East and Big 12 collapse ND will have to find a place for their other sports. It will be the B1G.

With Pitt and Syracuse likely going to the ACC along with possibly two other Big East teams the Big Ten loses all its targets on the East coast

Rutgers, perhaps. A dark horse to be sure but a good fit in many ways.

Latest posts