Pierschbacher Looking Around?

Yep what he said. Why wouldn't you want to be apart of something special.

I agree with both you that being a part of a turn around builts character but there is two sides to what you and SpecialK said above. #1 - Maybe he is confident in his own abilities enough to go compete against the SEC teams, better overall talent than the B1G. Plus he would be competing week in and week out for a starting position against some of the highest rated kids in the nation. #2 - Why wouldn't he want to be apart of something special, is a National Championship not "special"? Is a conference title not "special"? Don't bag on the kid by saying his confidence is why he may go to Alabama and not stick with Iowa because that is the complete opposite.

Just read on another board he will be issuing a press release sometime today on what he decides.

Hopefully it will just say that he is done taking visits and he is 100% committed but I don't think that is how it is going to play out. Only time will tell!

And Bingo was his name 0. And considering we are going 4-8 again, and will probably get lambasted by OSU, Michigan and nebby, me thinks we will never see many of these verbals we are excited about step foot on campus. If Iowa football was a stock, the stop loss would kick in now to save us from going completely broke. It will hit bottom around February when all our 3-4 stars sign elsewhere.

Cease with the trolling. This team ain't going 4-8. Book it. OSU and Michigan are much better teams than us, but we could still win one of those because the football is an oblong object that takes strange bounces and who knows what might happen - what if Braxton Miller goes down? I see 2 likely losses (OSU and Michigan), a bunch of likely wins and two coin toss games (Wisconsin and Nebraska). Sorry I'm not calling 12-0 like Miller did in 2010, but I can't stand the amount of negativity in your post. It is so absurd that it borders on trolling and is probably best suited for another board.

Recruits read these boards and when morons like you claim "we" are going 4-8 and that all of "our" 3-4 star recruits will sign elsewhere, I honestly can't help but wonder if you are an Iowa State fan trying to get a rise out of people or sabotage our program.

Sounds like he may be flipping to Bama. FWIW it was an ESPN recruiting guy that tweeted that.

Jared Shanker‏@JShankerESPN21m
From what I've been told, appears No. 1 OG and top #Iowa recruit Ross Pierschbacher will flip to #Bama from #Hawkeyes http://es.pn/XWQ2l2

Retweeted by marcmorehouse

Last edited:
Sounds like he may be flipping to Bama. FWIW it was an ESPN recruiting guy that tweeted that.

Jared Shanker‏@JShankerESPN21m
From what I've been told, appears No. 1 OG and top #Iowa recruit Ross Pierschbacher will flip to #Bama from #Hawkeyes Football Recruiting - Ross Pierschbacher - Player Profiles - ESPN

Retweeted by marcmorehouse

I don't get it, all the ESPN guys seem to just retweet each other as if their each others source. Yet if it was a done deal why the hesitation by Ross? Not saying he is or is not flipping to Alabama but doesn't see so done deal as they seem to be acting.

I don't get it, all the ESPN guys seem to just retweet each other as if their each others source. Yet if it was a done deal why the hesitation by Ross? Not saying he is or is not flipping to Alabama but doesn't see so done deal as they seem to be acting.

On that note if he was staying why drag it out?

I wouldnt say that is true. Its unrealistic when it comes to the most highly sought after Iowa recruit in just under a decade. It would still hold true for some other prospects in this day and age I would guess.

There should be some debate about that. ISU commit Lazard is rated higher by some services. Not to mention Nelson who also had a very impressive offer list despite being a relative newcomer on the recruiting scene. Both those guys are in the same Iowa class and they have (so far) stayed committed to their original choices despite visiting other impressive schools.
I will just be disappointed if an alleged Iowa fan so easily gets lured elsewhere just to be a tiny part of the Alabama machine. It's not like he can get a better education or needed course of study there. He would only be going for the football.

Can a mod please merge these threads?

I am guessing that Satan pressured him into making a commitment, but now he is waffling on the timing. Rather than do things on Satan's timetable, he is going to do it on his own. Look for him to say that he is "opening back up his recruiting" to include Iowa and Alabama. He is in the driver's seat. If Satan pulls the offer, he goes here. Not a bad fallback option.

Alabama happens to be driving a shiny new Cadillac right now....Iowa, on the other hand, is driving a 1972 Ford Pinto. We have promised an upgrade to a late 70's model Gremlin after the 2013 season, but Ross appears to want to the shiny new car now, rather than be a part of the upgrades in the coming seasons. Kids these days just don't understand vintage.

Alabama happens to be driving a shiny new Cadillac right now....Iowa, on the other hand, is driving a 1972 Ford Pinto. We have promised an upgrade to a late 70's model Gremlin after the 2013 season, but Ross appears to want to the shiny new car now, rather than be a part of the upgrades in the coming seasons. Kids these days just don't understand vintage.

Imagine this with a TagerHawk painted on it:

220px-1977_Ford_Pinto_Cruising_Wagon.jpg

Latest posts