PG Dickerson & PF Atwood a packaged deal

If they are self-centered and immature they may fit right in....:mad:. Personally, I have trouble with a lad that puts extra conditions on the deal.

I'm not sure I understand; are you intimating that our team is filled with self-centered and immature players?

For starters, we have no idea what's being conveyed to these young men.....Do they fit Fran's system? What exactly is Fran's long term needs, and can they fit the mold, sort of speak. I'm pretty sure Fran & staff are looking at these recruits on an individual basis, and not as a package deal. Each play a different role...it comes down to what's best for Iowa and can they help Iowa become better...

Ehh...I can't really put down a team that's won 112 games (and counting) over the last four years with a Final Four berth in there and a possible number one seed for this year.[ /QUOTE]

Yeah who knows maybe they'll still be undefeated after a heavyweight tilt with Evansville this weekend.

They can only play the teams that are on the schedule. This is still largely the same group that made the Final Four last year. I'm more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, even if I'm hoping every night that they'll get beat because I know they'll drop a long ways.

Ehh...I can't really put down a team that's won 112 games (and counting) over the last four years with a Final Four berth in there and a possible number one seed for this year.

The Final Four is no guarantee for Wichita State. Which is more enjoyable for recruits playing in the Mid Major conference or the Big Ten?

The Final Four is no guarantee for Wichita State. Which is more enjoyable for recruits playing in the Mid Major conference or the Big Ten?

Well, it's not like the Final Four is a guarantee for Iowa (or any team in the country, for that matter), either. But Wichita St. has gotten plenty of coverage this year, and exposure is one of the biggest perks to playing in a conference like the B1G. Unless Marshall takes a power conference job, I think we might have to get used to Wichita St. being pretty darn good. They're a better version of Gonzaga.

Wichita St.'s games are not all on TV. I have tried to watch a few and find that they are not available. The Big Ten is a better academic conference also. WSU is a solid bb school, but the Missouri Valley simply cannot match the Big Ten in virtually all categories.

They can only play the teams that are on the schedule. This is still largely the same group that made the Final Four last year. I'm more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, even if I'm hoping every night that they'll get beat because I know they'll drop a long ways.

LOL. We would pistol whip those *******. and we will if we see them in the tournament. Kentucky is a team to be more concerned about come March.

Well, it's not like the Final Four is a guarantee for Iowa (or any team in the country, for that matter), either. But Wichita St. has gotten plenty of coverage this year, and exposure is one of the biggest perks to playing in a conference like the B1G. Unless Marshall takes a power conference job, I think we might have to get used to Wichita St. being pretty darn good. They're a better version of Gonzaga.

No. Gonzaga's made fifteen NCAA tournaments in a row, including thirteen conference championships, five sweet sixteen appearances, an elite eight appearance, was the #1 seed overall last year and has five alumni in the NBA.

Wichita State has three NCAA tournament appearances during the same period, including two conference championships, two sweet sixteen appearances and have two alumni in the NBA. They did go to the Final Four last year.

Gonzaga>Wichita State. By a Great Plains mile.

marshall will take a power conference job eventually

when he left winthrop, word was he wanted to move one step closer to a high major job, but not right into one. he didn't want the iowa job because of how low the program had sunk and the desire from the fan base for a turnaround. wsu was a step up from winthrop but not a full leap into a potential career-halting crapstorm.

but he won't stay at wsu

I think a lot of him from the time I spent in rock hill and from my pal who used to be on his staff. my nightmare is him replacing the mayor, but mrs marshall wants to stay close to the south. she don't dig on snow. so that won't happen.

when he left winthrop, word was he wanted to move one step closer to a high major job, but not right into one. he didn't want the iowa job because of how low the program had sunk and the desire from the fan base for a turnaround. wsu was a step up from winthrop but not a full leap into a potential career-halting crapstorm.

but he won't stay at wsu

I think a lot of him from the time I spent in rock hill and from my pal who used to be on his staff. my nightmare is him replacing the mayor, but mrs marshall wants to stay close to the south. she don't dig on snow. so that won't happen.

Better tell her to get a snow blower then if they do come...:)

but he won't stay at wsu

Georgia Tech?

Wichita State is absolutely not a better spot to go than Iowa. Yes, they may be currently on a better run, coming off a current final four appearance and currently undefeated. But, first, it's the city of Wichita. And second, playing in the Valley is nothing like playing in the Big 10....Ever!

No. Gonzaga's made fifteen NCAA tournaments in a row, including thirteen conference championships, five sweet sixteen appearances, an elite eight appearance, was the #1 seed overall last year and has five alumni in the NBA.

Wichita State has three NCAA tournament appearances during the same period, including two conference championships, two sweet sixteen appearances and have two alumni in the NBA. They did go to the Final Four last year.

Gonzaga>Wichita State. By a Great Plains mile.

Marshall has only been on the bench at WSU since 2007. Gonzaga has had some good teams, but the WCC has also not been as good as the MVC in most years. Wichita would have made the tournament at least a few more times under Marshall if they were in the WCC. In contrast, I think Gonzaga would have missed the tournament a few times if they were in the MVC; winning the conference tournament in a weak conference every year makes it pretty easy to make the tournament.

Latest posts