PG Dickerson & PF Atwood a packaged deal

H8IAST8

Dickerson has promoted himself as being a package deal with his good friend and fellow junior-college recruit Willie Atwood, who also has a scholarship offer from Iowa and from several other Division I programs, including Florida State and Wichita State. Atwood is a 6-8, 215-pound power forward at Connors State Community College in Oklahoma...

Dickerson said Francis saw that he and Atwood were tweeting about playing together in college and took action.

“Once coach Francis heard that we wanted to go to the same school together, he really jumped on it,” Dickerson said. “He really got coach McCaffery to jump on it quickly.”

http://hawkcentral.com/2014/02/13/dickerson-waiting-to-make-decision-but-iowa-stands-out/

Very interesting. Dickerson has 3 years of eligibility not sure on Atwood.

Unless the players in questions are twins, I never trust the promise of a packaged deal.

I used to think that but over the last few years out has became more common. I can think of two package deals in college basketball in the last two years and one that really felt like a even though they denied it. That would be with Ulis and Devin Booker in their recruitment to Kentucky.

I used to think that but over the last few years out has became more common. I can think of two package deals in college basketball in the last two years and one that really felt like a even though they denied it. That would be with Ulis and Devin Booker in their recruitment to Kentucky.

Also, Okafor and Tyus Jones going to Duke in this year's class.

Something about this sends up, maybe not a red flag, but certainly a yellow one. It seems immature and self centered. Proceed with caution. Not saying they are to be avoided, just.........due diligence

Something about this sends up, maybe not a red flag, but certainly a yellow one. It seems immature and self centered. Proceed with caution. Not saying they are to be avoided, just.........due diligence

Most 19 year olds are this, at least to a point. I know I was. Anyway, I'm sure Fran has weighed the pros and cons on this and he knows we need these guys.

I'll believe it when it happens. Signs are good that Iowa gets Dickerson, but Atwood will probably be a Juco All American and heavily pursued.

I'll believe it when it happens. Signs are good that Iowa gets Dickerson, but Atwood will probably be a Juco All American and heavily pursued.

Got any thoughts on who is the favorite for him right now? I'm very biased but it seems like Iowa has a very good situation for him to to walk into next year.

wichita state is the best program that has offered

(sorry, but right now wsu is the better destination for a juco forward)

the style of iowa and the playing time it will bring have to look good to atwood, though.

wichita state is the best program that has offered

(sorry, but right now wsu is the better destination for a juco forward)

the style of iowa and the playing time it will bring have to look good to atwood, though.

That's what I figured and they have some nice talent coming back next year too, Baker and Van Vleet will both be back. If he thinks he can step in and replace Early's minutes, that's a nice situation too.

That's what I figured and they have some nice talent coming back next year too, Baker and Van Vleet will both be back. If he thinks he can step in and replace Early's minutes, that's a nice situation too.
Guess it depends on if he wants to play little league or try the majors.

Ehh...I can't really put down a team that's won 112 games (and counting) over the last four years with a Final Four berth in there and a possible number one seed for this year.[ /QUOTE]

Yeah who knows maybe they'll still be undefeated after a heavyweight tilt with Evansville this weekend.

Most 19 year olds are this, at least to a point. I know I was. Anyway, I'm sure Fran has weighed the pros and cons on this and he knows we need these guys.

People always say this, but based on my experience working in high schools, it's not necessarily true. In my experience, a 30 year-old is far more likely to make self-interested decisions than a nineteen year old. A nineteen year old, conversely, is far more likely to sacrifice his own interests for the people around him.

Just an observation.

If they are self-centered and immature they may fit right in....:mad:. Personally, I have trouble with a lad that puts extra conditions on the deal.

Latest posts