Peyton

ColoradoHAWKEYE

This forum needs a "new" Peyton Manning thread....just because...(besides there's too many of them at mile high report)....For me, the Broncos beating the Raiders is like the Hawks beating on Wisky. I love when it happens every single time, especially the ones that are put to bed early. (of course, this doesn't happen so much for Iowa these days). The Broncos are not even at full strength, and Peyton makes them look unstopable. It's pitch and catch, and it's a lot easier to continue to watch the drops, "knowing" they will make good the next time the ball gets flung to them.

Weekends are much sweeter when
your college/nfl teams both get victories (been a few years...and will probably be only a few left like that this season for hawk fans). Soo...6-1 for now. Carry on...

And even though I am not a bronco's fan I still say the refs missed several crucial first half pass Interference calls in the playoff game against the ravens last year. Two calls led to 14 early points. A poor showing by the refs in such a big game and really screwed Peyton and the broncs.

The guy is just fun to watch. He is constantly reading the defense and switching the play on the go from what he sees in his pre snap reads. That first half last night was a thing of beauty to watch.

32 of 37 for 374 yards, 3 TDs, no INTs, and two of the incompletions were flat out drops by the receivers. You'd take those numbers any time, anywhere.

The guy is just fun to watch. He is constantly reading the defense and switching the play on the go from what he sees in his pre snap reads. That first half last night was a thing of beauty to watch.

I'm in my mid-30's, so my sample size is the last 20 - 25 years or so, but I've not seen anyone who does it better than Peyton. And you can put the names of all the greats in that hat. His ability to read and diagnose a defense is unrivaled in my opinion.

I'm in my mid-30's, so my sample size is the last 20 - 25 years or so, but I've not seen anyone who does it better than Peyton. And you can put the names of all the greats in that hat. His ability to read and diagnose a defense is unrivaled in my opinion.

Montana was pretty good at that but I think Peyton is better. Elway was good at reading defenses but he relied a lot on his physical abilities. One of the things about Peyton is his durability and longevity. And he only seems to have gotten better with age.

8-1 --2 sweet W's!... weekends are heating up. Bronco haters in Denver are tripping over their tongues and have all but climbed back into their caves. It now cracks me up about bandwagon fans (some acquaintances anyhow, that live in Denver posting on Facebook) who try to say they've been fans for a long time, which must mean like 2 months to them. I will say, that it is hard to believe that 1 player can single handily control a game, Manning sure comes close though. I gotta believe that as a team they have stepped it up around him because of his knowledge, determination, talent and will.

...sucked tonijth. D right there with him. Indy totally psyched him out and fox getting/got out coached. theu've been exposed and their mystique is broken.

I think Peyton hurt his arm on that strip sack earlier. His throws have been terrible since then.

Wow, Broncos are going to have an awful lot to think about after this one. Better start taking teh Chefs serious while they're at it.

Turning around now!
Yeah, it was real fugly for awhile there...I had to walk away for a bit towards end of 3rd, which was when I tried to post my semi-incoherent rant on here just to let off steam (which I think I did delete a sentence or two before posting, just to protect from blasphemy). Glad my kids laughed at me and said "Dad, you always say don't be a quitter", and "the game is never over til the very end in the NFL"! So I managed to see the team wake up a bit. [Side note: they have also been trained to know that this is not the case with KF and Iowa]

Last edited:
A lot of dumb penalties by the Broncos tonight.
Yeah, I think Imported was right about the game getting into their heads. Hopefully a wake up call. Some real undisciplined football by Vickerson and a few others...that "bump" was costly....and there just are no words for Hilman's fumble (again) on goal line. Also, gotta hand it to Indy and Luck...They played very well.