Bigger B1G Releases Men's Basketball Matchups for '24-25

Hopefully they do well as it seems from what some have said on the forum here that the auditorium has had a lot of empty seats during games.

Iowa men’s basketball averaged 5,742 fans per game over the course of the 2023-24 season, according to tickets scanned data obtained by The Gazette via a public records request.

Iowa women’s basketball nearly doubled that, averaging 10,779 tickets scanned per game in the regular season. That average jumped to 11,762 when looking exclusively at Big Ten games.

These figures look at how many fans passed through the Carver-Hawkeye Arena doors (and therefore had tickets scanned) unlike the reported attendance numbers, which are reflective of how many tickets were sold.

(The above is a copy and paste from today's CR Gazette)

Iowa men’s basketball averaged 5,742 fans per game over the course of the 2023-24 season, according to tickets scanned data obtained by The Gazette via a public records request.

Iowa women’s basketball nearly doubled that, averaging 10,779 tickets scanned per game in the regular season. That average jumped to 11,762 when looking exclusively at Big Ten games.

These figures look at how many fans passed through the Carver-Hawkeye Arena doors (and therefore had tickets scanned) unlike the reported attendance numbers, which are reflective of how many tickets were sold.

(The above is a copy and paste from today's CR Gazette)
Thank you. As a season ticket holder for the men, I have been very curious about that data, and this is the first time I have seen it. It will be fascinating to see what happens to those numbers with Caitlin moving on, though our women’s team will be exceptionally talented again next season. The men will be in a rebuilding phase with a lot of talented but inexperienced athletes.

I am also rather surprised that the “sold out” for the women as was widely discussed, actually resulted in about 4,000 season ticket holders on average who didn’t show up.

I don’t know how many season tickets were sold for the men. Would be interesting to know, compared to actual attendance data shown above.

The next interesting numbers will be the season tickets purchased for the women and men next season.

When will we know for sure Sanford is not entering the draft and when does the portal close? Feels like the core of the team except TP is all back, and if so, I think this team could be in the mix next season.

Latest posts