PEYTON...YOU CHOKED. YOU CHOKED!

Didn't say that, Indy had some solid defenses i don't think any of them were great, the one that won the was the best they had.

I pulled the cheater card because it is a fact...which is why the NFL can down on them with a ton of bricks.

Whatever you mean by "great"...New England or Indy neither one has had a mid-80's Bears caliber defense or an early 2000's Raven's style defense. Those are "great" defenses.

Manning is an overrated QB in my mind. If you want to limit the discussion to regular season, I can concede he's the best over. But in my mind the regular season doesn't define greatness. The post-season does and the regular season stuff is icing on the cake at best.

He's .500 in the post-season. He threw the pick-six that sealed their fate this year. The one SB win he does have is against a team that had a prop for a QB. He's been one and done 6 times in the playoffs.

So, he has some serious ground to make up on guys like Young, Montana and Bradshaw.

There is a lot more football for him to play, so I'll reserve judgment and not get caught up in the moment of the here and now and regular season fantasy football numbers.

manning wins MVP awards (an INDIVIDUAL thing)
Brady's goal is to win Super Bowls (has 3 so far), which is the ultimate TEAM thing
Brady's legacy will ultimately be superior to manning's.
Brady will be mentioned along side Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman; manning will be relegated to Marino also-ran status.

No he won't because Marino NEVER won one.

The play in question was Manning's fault. It was 3rd and 5 with 3:25 left in the 4th down by 7 on the NO 31. Collie goes in motion, going from x to z (2nd to 3rd read) and runs a short hitch route while Collie runs a quick slant. He faced man coverage with a delayed blitz from the LBs. Manning made a snap decision and failed. Not a lot to do with New England on that drive.

The Play in question was not Manning's fault....Reggie ran a crappy route and even tripped in the process....

As for Brady, i would say his legacy is going to say he won alot of games on teams that were proven cheaters.

Wayne didn't stumble. Crappy route? Maybe. But Manning has the experience to not throw to a guy running a short hitch route while the corner is jumping it. He had Collie for the first down.

Wayne didn't stumble. Crappy route? Maybe. But Manning has the experience to not throw to a guy running a short hitch route while the corner is jumping it. He had Collie for the first down.

Yep, Collie for a 1st and actually Clark opened up over the top as well although the safety may have come off him because by that time the ball was being thrown.

Wayne didn't stumble and I don't buy the crappy route excuse that I am hearing from talking heads. Go back and just watch the play again. Manning is locked on to Wayne from the snap, it's a common play Indy runs and the CB jumps the route perfectly because he'd seen it on film. Manning could have pump faked him off or looked him off, but he didn't. I am not buying for one minute that that error was ALL on Wayne.

That said, I wouldn't call it a choke job. He gambled and lost. Well...maybe he did choke, depends on your definition. :)

Last edited:
I think we can all agree that Peyton Manning is worthless and the Colts should trade him to the Vikings for Tavarius Jackson. After reading this thread i am now convinced Manning blows and as a vikings fan i would be willing to take him off your hands to help you out.

Latest posts