PEYTON...YOU CHOKED. YOU CHOKED!

Manning does more with less than any QB in the NFL.

what would the Colts record be this year if they had just an average QB....lets say David Garrard. Would they win 5 games? Maybe

Its comical to me that because Wayne stumbles coming out of his break that Manning is suddenly a choke artist again. Fans like Bathia should be ashamed of themselves for throwing him under the bus. You won a damn SB 3 years ago. As a Vikings fan i would kill for that.

Did anyone see what I saw on the replay of the pick-six last night? I about fell off the couch. It looked like Clark had a step on the safety with nothing but grass in front of him. Either I was seeing things or Manning totally locked on Wayne without even looking up ala Ricky.???

From an X's and O's standpoint, I think the play side was to the left side of the formation. That's where Collie's (?) motion forced the defense to make a quick decision on how to guard the stacked WR's...since the Saints successfully banjo'd the coverage (one guy takes inside, one guy takes outside release), Manning's read went to Wayne. If the Saints hadn't brought pressure, I think he may have had the time to come backside to Clark, but the blitz negated that ability. I also noticed on the replay that Sharper was playing a very shallow centerfield, but I'm not sure if that was because he saw Manning throw or because he was trying to "rob" the underneath stuff.

It was just a great play by Porter, who took a pretty big chance...if that play is a double move, Wayne beats Porter deep by 10 yards at least.

From an X's and O's standpoint, I think the play side was to the left side of the formation. That's where Collie's (?) motion forced the defense to make a quick decision on how to guard the stacked WR's...since the Saints successfully banjo'd the coverage (one guy takes inside, one guy takes outside release), Manning's read went to Wayne. If the Saints hadn't brought pressure, I think he may have had the time to come backside to Clark, but the blitz negated that ability. I also noticed on the replay that Sharper was playing a very shallow centerfield, but I'm not sure if that was because he saw Manning throw or because he was trying to "rob" the underneath stuff.

It was just a great play by Porter, who took a pretty big chance...if that play is a double move, Wayne beats Porter deep by 10 yards at least.
Good analysis. I agree on the double move - Wayne may have been all alone (the safety help went the other way). This was the classic 3 guys to cover 2 (Wayne and Collie). Manning threw to the guy who was single covered correctly, but Wayne ran (or rather stumbled) a horrible route. Porter may have jumped it anyway, but there was no way that is entirely on Manning. The knee injury by Wayne which he aggravated in Friday before the Super Bowl may have been a factor as well. Wayne seemed to get worse as the game went on (including his drop on 4th down at the end of the game).

Good analysis. I agree on the double move - Wayne may have been all alone (the safety help went the other way). This was the classic 3 guys to cover 2 (Wayne and Collie). Manning threw to the guy who was single covered correctly, but Wayne ran (or rather stumbled) a horrible route. Porter may have jumped it anyway, but there was no way that is entirely on Manning. The knee injury by Wayne which he aggravated in Friday before the Super Bowl may have been a factor as well. Wayne seemed to get worse as the game went on (including his drop on 4th down at the end of the game).

If you watch the replay again, wayne seen that the DB was about to jump the route and tried to get in the way of the way of porter to prevent the pick six.

I guess everybody has forgotten that he has a Super Bowl ring.

Yeah he has a superbowl ring, that was won by Rex Grossman. If the pats would have been able to close the game out(something that they cant seem to do anymore, but was once great at) then he wouldnt have got to that game. Manning is a Stat piler and that is what he will always be.

Yeah he has a superbowl ring, that was won by Rex Grossman. If the pats would have been able to close the game out(something that they cant seem to do anymore, but was once great at) then he wouldnt have got to that game. Manning is a Stat piler and that is what he will always be.

Wow what a stupid statement. Plain and simple pure stupid

If you watch the replay again, wayne seen that the DB was about to jump the route and tried to get in the way of the way of porter to prevent the pick six.
I disagree that Wayne did anything to stop that INT. He didn't make a solid cut on the route as he was supposed to. That's my opinion anyway.

No wonder your hatred for Manning....being a pats (cheaters) fan tells me all i need to know why you dislike Manning.

Huh? Check woManning's record against the Patriots. Brady has a decided advantage.
And who said I hated him? Just sick of the hype. He's a choker and a prima donna.
Try to prove me wrong instead of slumping over into childish hyperbole.

Good points, but I looked at the video several times and freeze-framed it. My observations- Colt's tackles did a good job of picking up the ends and when Manning releases the ball the blitzer is still a good 3-4 yards from Manning. Of course Manning didn't have the luxury of time but I have seen him dozens of times in the past make better reads in more harried situations. He locked on to Wayne the entire time. He had Collie open cutting across the middle and Clark streaking down the middle. In my opinion that was all on Manning and I am a Manning fan. I never heard but I would be surprised if he blamed anyone but himself.

^^^Very possible. 3-4 yards means he wouldn't have had the opportunity to go backside, so he had to stay frontside, and he probably locked on to Wayne a little too quickly and stayed with him, and that allowed Porter to jump it.

Huh? Check woManning's record against the Patriots. Brady has a decided advantage.
And who said I hated him? Just sick of the hype. He's a choker and a prima donna.
Try to prove me wrong instead of slumping over into childish hyperbole.

So because Brady had a much better supporting cast he is a better QB? Sorry but no...

Payton is far from a choker or a Prima donna...

Prove to me that he is either of those anymore than your boy Brady

So because Brady had a much better supporting cast he is a better QB? Sorry but no...

Payton is far from a choker or a Prima donna...

Prove to me that he is either of those anymore than your boy Brady

Manning has had one of the best supporting casts in the NFL for this entire decade.

As far as choker, I don't know I'd call him that, but it's a perfectly fair criticism that he struggles in big games.

Manning has had one of the best supporting casts in the NFL for this entire decade.

As far as choker, I don't know I'd call him that, but it's a perfectly fair criticism that he struggles in big games.
Manning has never had the defense the Patriots have had though.

And most of the decade Brady never had the offensive line or skill position players that Peyton had.

Indy more times than not had a top ten scoring defense.

He didn't need it he had a coaching staff that flat out cheated...

and yes Brady has had some Great offensive lines so that arguement is a bad one.

He didn't need it he had a coaching staff that flat out cheated...

and yes Brady has had some Great offensive lines so that arguement is a bad one.

And you're going to ignore that Indy had some great defenses, in fact, more times than not they did, as well.

I can see you're really into looking at it objectively. That's why you're so quick to pull the "cheater" card.

And you're going to ignore that Indy had some great defenses, in fact, more times than not they did, as well.

I can see you're really into looking at it objectively. That's why you're so quick to pull the "cheater" card.

Didn't say that, Indy had some solid defenses i don't think any of them were great, the one that won the was the best they had.

I pulled the cheater card because it is a fact...which is why the NFL can down on them with a ton of bricks.

Manning still has a Super Bowl ring...something a lot of QBs would love to have. Despite the pick-6 he's still one of the great QBs. Few. if any, have ever run a team on the field the way he does.