Peyton Mansell Gunning for Hawkeyes Starting QB Job

A lot of people were annoiting Spencer Petras as the next starting qb after Stanley’s is gone. As Lee Corso would say, “Not so fast!.” Petras has never played a snap under center. He comes from a school that exclusively played out of the shotgun. Besides learning the dynamics of ball exchange between the center and the qb, those D-Lineman and MLB’s look a lot more imposing up close. I’ve liked Mansell from the moment he stepped on campus. Besides having a good arm, the kid can tuck it and run if necessary. If Mansell had attended more camps and got a lot more exposure, he would of been a 4 star coming out of h.s. Not putting down Petras in any way, gonna be another fine qb in what is becoming a very good line of succession of qb’s to recently come to Iowa. After Stanley it will Mansell’s job, after that, Petras. I see nothing but good things at that position going forward.

That's why the new redshirt rules are so important to consider. Petras can come in off the bench and win the starting job or just go back to being a redshirt like its NBD.

After Stanley it will Mansell’s job, after that, Petras. I see nothing but good things at that position going forward.

In today's environment, there is no way both Mansel and Petras last at Iowa. Whoever loses the job after Stanley leaves, will transfer.

A lot of people were annoiting Spencer Petras as the next starting qb after Stanley’s is gone. As Lee Corso would say, “Not so fast!.” Petras has never played a snap under center. He comes from a school that exclusively played out of the shotgun. Besides learning the dynamics of ball exchange between the center and the qb, those D-Lineman and MLB’s look a lot more imposing up close. I’ve liked Mansell from the moment he stepped on campus. Besides having a good arm, the kid can tuck it and run if necessary. If Mansell had attended more camps and got a lot more exposure, he would of been a 4 star coming out of h.s. Not putting down Petras in any way, gonna be another fine qb in what is becoming a very good line of succession of qb’s to recently come to Iowa. After Stanley it will Mansell’s job, after that, Petras. I see nothing but good things at that position going forward.

He seems like a really good kid.

Knowing that now, hearing how much Mansell struggled taking snaps from under center in the beginning, it really makes the Original post sound ridiculous in hindsight.
The other posts that blasted the coaching staff for Peyton's early struggles under center were more ridic tho

Latest posts