Petras is coming back next year

Petras coming back kind of reminds me of Roger's riddle off of Training Day:

Roger: "One day this man walks out of his house to go to work. He sees this snail on his porch. So he picks it up and chucks it over his roof, into the back yard. Snail bounces off a rock, cracks its shell all to shit and lands in the grass. Snail lies there dying."

Roger: "But it doesn't die. It eats some grass. Slowly heals. grows a new shell. And after a while it can crawl again. One day the snail up and heads back to the front of the house. Finally, after a year, the little guy crawls back on the porch. Right then, the man walks out to go to work and sees this snail again. So he says to it, "what the F's your problem?"

Or the Rocky Doll:

“You can kick it, you can beat it, takes a great beating”.

I thought for sure Petras would head for the hills after this past year and his warm receptions during the Kinnick home games.

Been through that surgery. Takes years to get to 80 percent.

The other guy's knee is concerning. Blow both off if you want but it's there. Tells me that maybe not much is expected by the guys suiting up in a couple of days.

Been through that surgery. Takes years to get to 80 percent.

The other guy's knee is concerning. Blow both off if you want but it's there. Tells me that maybe not much is expected by the guys suiting up in a couple of days.
SP is sticking around to get free medical care and see if he wants to pursue coaching.

Why wouldn't fans be all on board?
He is using his covid year so there is no scholarship lost.
By being a "player" he is going to essentially be a GA that will not count against GA limits. He is a smart young man and at the very least should help make Cade's transition easier.

This is a win.

SP is sticking around to get free medical care and see if he wants to pursue coaching.

By being a "player" he is going to essentially be a GA that will not count against GA limits. He is a smart young man and at the very least should help make Cade's transition easier.

This is a win.
He gets all of that associated medical care paid for no matter if he stays or goes. It’s part of the deal.

I see no downside to this. Cade would not have come to Iowa unless he was told he would be handed the starting job. No way Petras beats him out. We are about to find out for the first time if we have anything with the two healthy QBs on the roster, but how much will we really know? Having a guy holding a clipboard who has close to 30 starts under his belt can't hurt. Guys get injured all the time.

Wow! I have so much respect for this guy. In a day in the age where we are so much of a "me" society, it's nice to know there are true guys who put an emphasis on teams. Petras is that guy.

He gets all of that associated medical care paid for no matter if he stays or goes. It’s part of the deal.
He gets to work/rehab with the football trainers and doctors. I would imagine that they will be for him than the local clinic.

He is welcome to compete for the backup and start his GA career. He deserves that, hell, if he had played behind a decent line and had better receivers he might have been an ok QB.

Last edited:
He is welcome to compete for the backup and start his GA career. He deserves that, hell, if he had played behind a decent line and had better receivers he might have been an ok QB.
He was decent when they had a good line. Didn’t he win like 10 or 12 in a row at one point?

I'm ok with it. He isn't going to play or be in the way of anything at all. Nice kid everyone likes him so he'll be around. Hope he gets well soon. That's a bitch of an injury to rehab from

He was decent when they had a good line. Didn’t he win like 10 or 12 in a row at one point?

I think we won 6 straight in 2020 (which would have been 8 but Michigan and Missouri both bitched out of playing us) and then he won every game through Penn State in 2021. Spencer had the Hawks ranked #2 in the country at one point in 2021. The guy is a very solid quarterback.

Every few years we go through this. It's the Ferentzian QB Regression. Other than one-year starters Banks and Chandler, every QB we roll through turns into a steaming pile of shit by their senior year. And our fan base talks shit on these kids but we have a 20+ year data set that shows where the problem is. It ain't the kids.

This is a win.
Not a win.. nice guy, but bad luck... Plus, it shows me how much BF really knows about QB s .. I'd keep SP and BF away from Cade.. To many chief s not enough Indians..

I think we won 6 straight in 2020 (which would have been 8 but Michigan and Missouri both bitched out of playing us) and then he won every game through Penn State in 2021. Spencer had the Hawks ranked #2 in the country at one point in 2021. The guy is a very solid quarterback.

Every few years we go through this. It's the Ferentzian QB Regression. Other than one-year starters Banks and Chandler, every QB we roll through turns into a steaming pile of shit by their senior year. And our fan base talks shit on these kids but we have a 20+ year data set that shows where the problem is. It ain't the kids.

People trying to change the narrative from where all the attention should be until a change is made at offensive coordinator and/or head coach. Most fan bases would NOT let this rest until one or both are gone.

So I couldn’t couldn’t agree more with your last paragraph.

Brain dead fan base. 20 years without a conference championship. Where’s our buddy that used to say it all the time “throw more money a kirk” Now we are in hybrid mode “throw more money at K & B.”

Let’s just carry on like there is no problem Kinnickville and talk about a player coming through the portal like that going to change a damn thing.

Some people’s idea of how to change a pig’s ear into a silk purse it to just throw it into a dryer with a bounce softener.