Peter Jok

DunderMifflinHk

ESPN has Peter Jok out of Des Moines at a 97 overall. Are we recruiting this kid yet?

Peter Jok - College Basketball Recruiting 2013 - ESPN

May, 2010: Peter is currently one of the better prospects in the 2013 class. He is a perimeter player with good size and length. He has nice skills. Peter can handle the ball on the perimeter quite well. He is a good ball handler that can slash to the hoop as...

Yep good luck...UNC, KU, Memphis, etc are gonna be all over this kid...might as well put resources to better use

Yeah...you're right! Even though this kid is in our own backyard and WANT to go Iowa we should probably just give up on him since UNC, KS, Memphis etc... are going to be in on him. We'll just take our seat at the kiddies table.

C'mon man....that's not how champions think.

Cannot recall last time we were considered a "champion".

Just sayin'

Well....you're absolutely right about that. My real point here is that if you approach a recruit with the mentality of an also-ran THEN you're probably waisting your time.

I think the change FM is bringing in deals with the mentality that we CAN win and I love the fact he is going after kids that can & will get us to a championship level. :)

We may not get him, but I don't think Iowa will have to spend all that many resources to drive to Des Moines to visit him a few times. Unless the tells them he is not interested, then Iowa should go for it.

I can't picture Fran with his hands in his pocket, looking at the ground and saying " well we probably won't get him anyway so we won't even try".

I guess it's a good thing ole Hayden Fry didn't think that way when he came to Iowa City. "Even as a man thinketh. so is he." Fran THINK BIG, MAN.....THINK BIG!!!!!!

Fran is going to go after all the big talent he can. Not only from the Mid-west but also from the East coast. Fran WILL turn this program around and we WILL be a contender for the big 10 each year. It may not be this year or next year, but it WILL happen. And then he leaves us for Kentucky.

Fran is going to go after all the big talent he can. Not only from the Mid-west but also from the East coast. Fran WILL turn this program around and we WILL be a contender for the big 10 each year. It may not be this year or next year, but it WILL happen. And then he leaves us for Kentucky.

Oh I don't know about Kentucky worrying me. It's that green blood circulating around his veins and his wife's veins that would concern me. However he is at an age where this is likely to be his last stop and where he wants to built his legacy. On IOWA

Yep good luck...UNC, KU, Memphis, etc are gonna be all over this kid...might as well put resources to better use

Really?! Nice attitude. Thank Goodness Fran does not think like you! This is an Iowa kid in Des Moines. Of course we should go after him. Its not like we have to travel to California or NYC to see him. We can't just go after MVC and MAAC conference kids like lickliter and his staff did.

We have to think big and go after the big fish....especially the in-state ones. Hopefully Iowa basketball will be one of those programs on the rise over the next couple of years...and we will have a great shot at Peter Jok.

There are enough guys in the state in 2011, 2012, and 2013 to be able to compete for Big Ten Championships. A champion coach would be able to sell these players on that fact and get them signed.

This is one of those situations where an amazing opportunity is also a clear challenge. If Fran can't pull these kids in, he better put together a team of out of state kids who can challenge for a championship. Otherwise, I will expect Iowa to be showcasing their new basketball facility on their next coaching search.

Either way Jok should have a big hand in FM's fate. If FM is able to close the deal on a couple of classes that can challenge, Jok might be one of the last pieces of the puzzle. If Fran can't get the recruiting on track Jok might be the final nail in FM's coffin.

Again, it is an exciting time to be a hoops coach at Iowa. The pieces are there in a way that only comes around rarely. Take advantage and your ticket is punched, miss the mark and you are on the street.

Latest posts